Front grill surround....Help please

holmefield

Reaction score
Hi all, i've got myself some matt black 3M WRAP for my front grill surrounds the chrome strips that run around the top and bottom grills on the front bumper, how do you get them off the main grills???

Do you have to remove the main grills to or do they just unclip????

I've read that applying the stuff is straight forward!!!! heres hopeing...........

Cheers for any help

Hi mate u have to take the whole grill out which is fairly easy tbh and then there are little clips all around to separate the chrome from the black,
The hard bit which is more important is getting the two back together without scratching the new black. (paint/wrap)
I had this trouble as i found it quite a tight fit,

TOP TIP!!!! Take your time and be patient!
hope this helps pal, be good to see the finished results! I am going to redo mine in the summer gloss black instead of matt.

I've recently just done mine bud.

You pop it off the car, clips along the top of the grill under the bonnet.
Then on the grill you'll see little clips into the chrome part, just gently click them off and then you'll have to moved the plastic part of the grill sort of to one side of the chrome part to pop it off as it sits inside it. You'll have to be carefull with this putting it back together.
02022012518.jpg

Might be tempted to carbon wrap mine, I'd like it gloss carbon tho, we tarted lackering some of the 3m carbon wrap at work but it didn't work! Shame kuz could be quite realistic!

that carbon front grill looks tidy ...well done dude .

going to do mine now .thanks all

I've recently just done mine bud.

You pop it off the car, clips along the top of the grill under the bonnet.
Then on the grill you'll see little clips into the chrome part, just gently click them off and then you'll have to moved the plastic part of the grill sort of to one side of the chrome part to pop it off as it sits inside it. You'll have to be carefull with this putting it back together.
02022012518.jpg

So does the bottom grill come off in the same way? the bonnet one from what you've said seems easy enough to get off, but do you have to get @ the bottom one from behind the bumper? i mean stick your hand down from the top and reach into the back of the bumper?

If it looks ok i'll be doing my rear chrome bit thats below the boot when you shut it as mines all bubbled

The boot one, you gently prise up the end and carefully pull it up all the way along, then you sort of pull the whole thing towards you.

The bottom grill just pulled out on my car. Then seperating it was easy.

To get the lower grille out you just need to lean down behind the bumper (easy with the bonnet up) and pop off the clips, dead easy.

To get the lower grille out you just need to lean down behind the bumper (easy with the bonnet up) and pop off the clips, dead easy.

Cheers if it stops raining for long enough its my this weekend task. I'll post up pics when i've A. done it... B. made a mess of it or.... C. snapped summut.....................

Well i've wrapped the upper and lower grill surrounds and what a pig they were to do, im fairly happy with the finish the edges could be better.It takes lots of patience and lots of pulling and smoothing, i'll add pics tomorrow.