Major oil leak on my a4 1.9 tdi AWX engine!!!

Chrissy a4

audi a4 chrissy
Reaction score
My car is leaking alot of oil it seems to be comng from the right hand side of the engine as looking from under the bonnet. its definatley not coming from the sump or oil filter. Any ideas much appreciated thanks.

Check the intercooler pipes;btw,some pics can help to locate the oil leak.

Does the oil have a strong smell? May be gearbox oil leaking from the output seal?

Mine did the same, it turned out the egr valve gasket was long gone and it simply started to let oil thorough, take your engine cover off, put your hand under the egr (where the bolts are) and if you have a lot of oil there then you have your answer. If so, go to audi dealers get a new gasket for 6 pound and put it back on, might aswell clean the egr when doing that. Could also be the rocker cover gasket?

+2 boost hose right hand side causes oil to leak down the engine mounting new seal needed if so

sorry I thought it was the left hand side of the engine. Mine does the same, its the intercooler pipe and you have rubber seals around them which are called o-rings. Roughly about 6 pounds each.

Thanks for the information i found out it was the oil feed pipe for the turbo. Can you piont me in the right direction on gaining performance on minor touches before it goes for the remap ! :D

take it to a good mapper they will get you the very best from it m8....
maybe a uprated panel filter

Thanks for the information i found out it was the oil feed pipe for the turbo. Can you piont me in the right direction on gaining performance on minor touches before it goes for the remap ! :D

I have bought the K&N lifetime filter ( made a big difference ) also some people tend drill the airbox however I havn't done so. Another thing to do is block off the egr valve.. and now I'm going to put on bigger brakes, as the standard ones are not made for this sort of power. I have bought new brake pads and discs before the remap and they were superb however after I have remaped the car I've boiled the brakes twice ( soft pedal, no brakes ) of braking too hard so for me S4 brakes are on the list to do soonish.

Apart from these things I would recomend anybody remap the car, it's so much better. For the same fuel economy you get much more out of your car.

This is the filter I got:
K&N Element/Panel Filter Audi A4 1.9TDI '00-'08 33-2209 | eBay