Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
    BahnStormer

Status

sense checking price for my A4 saloon.

Still loving the car, so not in a rush to sell, BUT there's some good deals on the company Audi's (for once!!), so considering trading mine in and going down the company route with an A6 Avant.

I've got somebody down the road who's been asking after my car for a while, but given the slightly unusual spec and extras, I have very nearly zero idea what to suggest for a price!

Audi A4(B6): 2.5TDi Quattro Sport: Factory Xenons, BOSE, full sports leather, brushed metal trim.
    Mods: All OEM: S-Line bodykit, 2008 RNS-E, Bluetooth, Audi R8 FBMFSW, SDS-High voice control, full DIS, cruise control, fan-jet & Aero wiper mods, RS4 ARB,RS4 pedals, 18" S4 'AvusIII' alloys OR 16" w/Vredestein Wintrac Xtremes, ISOfix, TV: Ampire DVBT-400-3G, Snooper Lynx, "curry" hooks, Westfalia detachable.

May 2001 reg, 136k on the clock, mostly Audi service history, including Audi fitted cambelt and waterpump <12 months ago.

Only service advisories are the brakes: "wear is moderate, but showing rust."

The Parkers guide price is (based on 110k miles avg):

Given the high spec (leather MF wheel, leather seats, Xenons, BOSE, bluetooth, RNS-E sat nav, TV tuner) and extras (OEM S-Line body kit, detachable tow bar, S4 aloys w/summer tyres + regular 16" Trapeze sport alloys w/ Winter tyres), how much above the £4k mark can I push it?

I was thinking £5500 with the wheels and all extras: "as-is".

£4000-£4500 if I only sell it with one set of wheels, no TV tuner and I swap the steering wheel back: it still has a lot of extras, but just not the "silly" ones?

I should be able to get £500-ish for a set of 5 S4's with good condition Toyo Proxes, the steering wheel is about £850 new, so I'm guessing £350-£400 for that (or I swap it into my next car!) and TV tuner would be worth moving in to the next car or worth an easy £200-£250, depending how much of the wiring, etc I take out.

134k miles is slightly over the 110k average for those price guides, but with mostly Audi service history, including the latest cambelt and waterpump all being done at the local Audi dealership, I'm guessing that at/near the higher end of the price range would be fair?
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

2. # ADS
    ADS

BahnStormer

Status
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

6th Gear

Status
    The se Audi tdi.s here are going for. 2002 £5995 still so can't see a problem you getting that mate

BahnStormer

Status
    Thanks Simon.

I've been hunting around with the Audi and VW (Passat) sales teams today; I'm trying to figure out when they'll get the quattro/4motion versions in... the quattro's are in already, but only for the 3litre engines (3.0TDI & 3.0 TFSI)... I'm really after the 2.0TDI with 4 driven wheels... I'd prefer the Audi, with the Torsen differential - I assume that the 4motion will only have the Haldex, but I can live with that.

I gather there's a VW Alltrack coming out in April/May, but that's raised suspension and ideally I'm after a Sport model (i.e. lower than standard).... still might be worth a test drive though!
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

1st Gear

Status
    I'd say 4.5 - 5k is a fair price for yours mate. especially with the recent cam belt change, no extra work for the new owner. The mods are only worth what someone is willing to pay for them , if it's to their taste- but as you say it's all OEM so is basically like factory extras.

If you ask for too much you are getting into B7 territory (albeit high mileage SE spec
    ones) which may affect the sale.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by simon.m View Post
    The se Audi tdi.s here are going for. 2002 £5995 still so can't see a problem you getting that mate
    Where are you getting these prices Simon?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    its the prices i see when i drive passed them james there is 2 around this way for that price all be it on a forecourt but still priced that way

5th Gear

Status
    gotta agree with unitzero 4-4.5k seems more like the price id be expecting to pay... And when you think 11 years old it's holding it's value well.... 2001 mondeo would fetch £800 lololol it does look very nice genuine car m8 it should sell very well

there a met green 2.5 tdi quattro in a garage forecourt in cannock 3995
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

6th Gear

Status
    mine was priced at 4900 ish by the engineer that looked at it before they repaired it 6mths ago

5th Gear

Status
    my 52 plate sport with 130k on the clock audi stamps, full leathers, gmbh kit, door skirts, 18" toora alloys i payed 3000 for it......
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

6th Gear

Status
    good price but here in thanet they go for a lot more dont ask me why they just do

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    stick £5k on it and see what response you get.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    What sort of premiums do the Avants hold?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

2nd Gear

Status
    Whats the price difference expected without service history?
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

5th Gear

Status
    to a garage probo 1000-1500 if your selling.... if you buying they change there story to...... these cars are bullet proof you wont get any probs who needs stamps in a book lol
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    Thanks Simon.

I've been hunting around with the Audi and VW (Passat) sales teams today; I'm trying to figure out when they'll get the quattro/4motion versions in... the quattro's are in already, but only for the 3litre engines (3.0TDI & 3.0 TFSI)... I'm really after the 2.0TDI with 4 driven wheels... I'd prefer the Audi, with the Torsen differential - I assume that the 4motion will only have the Haldex, but I can live with that.

I gather there's a VW Alltrack coming out in April/May, but that's raised suspension and ideally I'm after a Sport model (i.e. lower than standard).... still might be worth a test drive though!
    Don't quote me but im sure the passat has Torsen diff not haldex as its a longitude engine under the bonnet and not transverse like the golf and a3? But being vw and not the audi it might have a haldex system. It should be the same chassis though so im sure its the real quattro so to speak.

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4B8Sline View Post
    Don't quote me but...
    Maybe I'm thinking of the Skoda Superb then... one of the big VAG's definitely had transverse engine and Haldex... would be good news if the Passat also has Torsen as they're a about £125-£150pcm cheaper on the company car scheme - especially if you want to add things like the Adaptive Suspension... standard on a Passat Sport, about £800 extra on a S-Line...
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

1st Gear

Status
    i looked at a mint 04 2.5 tdi avant last week on ebay it had 98000 miles full leather factory nav dvd in rear head rests full service history cambelt changed at 48 k and 97k gmbh bodykit i bid £5550 on it and was outbid in the last 10 seconds by 100 quid! so £5650 was the final price for this car! even dealers are asking only 6k for sub 100k cars avant! so good luck asking 5k for a 51!

1st Gear

Status
    For buyers with knowledge about this model and your mods I don't think you'll struggle for £4750. But on the open market and attracting less well-informed buyers.......its a 10 year old car and as already pointed out, a similar age Mondeo is around £800. Having flicked through the pics I would personally stick with it coz its a beauty......... all depends on tax situation and how bored you are i s'pose.
    Would be intersted to hear your choices.
    A4 (B6) 2.5TDI QUATTRO SPORT AVANT

6th Gear

Status
    I too think it's a bit overpriced, i have a mint sports a4 b6 avant, late 04 plate, 130k genuine, 2 owners from new,servive history, taxed and mot'ed, v6 tdi BDG 163Bhp engine rebuilt with new, genuine solid camshafts, new lifters and cam rollers, cambelt done at 129k, fully loaded: bose, sports interior, cruise, sunroof, MFD, rear blinds, 18" alloys, 312mm brakes, airbags all round,etc. I won't dare to ask more than 4.5k ! It's a buyers market out there...
    FOR SALE:
    -Golf mk 5/audi a3 1.6 FSI fuel pump, brand new genuine part boxed + seals
    -audi a3 (1998 to 2003) genuine clutch slave cylinder to fit 1.6 engines BRAND NEW
    -Rear bush press tool to fit new rear axle bushes on Golf Mk3/4, Audi a3/S3, Seat Leon/Toledo, Skoda Octavia mk 1/2 used once

4th Gear

Status
    It depends on if you want to sell it really. If you want to actually sell it, I wouldn't be expecting much more than about £4k with that age and mileage. Your mods might get you up to £4500, but that is a big might in my opinion.

Also, VW don't do a 4wd Passat as they brought out the Tiguan so that is meant to cover that market. The last 4wd they did though was basically the same system as the Quattro on the A4 /A6 etc...

Personally I'd go for the A6. But I have been looking around recently at new motors and found the best deals were to be had on the Audi rather than the VW, but then I have been looking at personal cars.
    Looking for the right A4 Quattro. 1.9 TDI / 1.8T or 2.0T...
    My A4:http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/audi-s4-a4-a4-cab-b8-chassis/125399-my-brief.html

1st Gear

Status
    I would personally value your audi at around 4.5k, Its a great spec and looks well looked after, If i was selling it i would prob put it up for 5k and price would be negotiable. Im pretty sure all the new passats b7 onwards have a transverse engine so will have a haldex, like the skoda superb, I have driven the haldex set up in the snow and i was pretty impressed , seemed to be better than my old b6 quattro in the snow imho.

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by A4B8Sline View Post
    Don't quote me but im sure the passat has Torsen diff not haldex as its a longitude engine under the bonnet and not transverse like the golf and a3? But being vw and not the audi it might have a haldex system. It should be the same chassis though so im sure its the real quattro so to speak.
    From the VW site (in the "All New Passat Alltrack" section):
    "As with other Volkswagen vehicles featuring 4MOTION, on the Passat Alltrack the front axle is usually driven, with only 10 per cent of propulsive power going to the rear axle. This saves on fuel. If necessary, almost 100 per cent of power can be sent to the rear axle, through use of an electrohydraulic Haldex clutch."
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by adamss24 View Post
    I won't dare to ask more than 4.5k ! It's a buyers market out there...
    I guess I'll need to find somebody who's after a quattro, but not an Avant

Similar spec and mileage: I guess I'm also after somebody who's after gadgets, not a weather-watcher: you've got the sunroof and blinds, but not the RNS-E, MF steering wheel, bluetooth, Xenons... and the S-Line trim is likely to tip the balance

And 312mm brakes are standard on the 180bhp quattro

I stumped up the £3 and did a search on Parkers, adjusted for mileage and extra kit (they don't list it all, but did include the big ticket items like leather, sat nav, TV) and they reckon £4900, even if I swap the steering wheel back.... but as everybody always says - it's only worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it...

The "buyers market" thing works more if you're a "distressed seller". I'm not, I jsut need to find somebody who wants my exact spec and can't afford a real S-Line.
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

2nd Gear

Status
    As above its all subjective really, its a buyers market out there i've been looking @ A6 3.0 TDIs and believe i'd struggle to get £4500 for my very late 54 plate TDI sport with full leather HIDS full history s4 wing mirrors and 19" X5 alloys. You can ask as much as you want but be prepared for silly low offers age is against you and 2.5 v6s to most folk would say high running cost........I'm thinkin of just re doing some stuff on mine instead of selling...Im on the hunt for an RS4 B7 interior @ the mo....
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

BahnStormer

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by holmefield View Post
    As above its all subjective really, its a buyers market out there i've been looking @ A6 3.0 TDIs and believe i'd struggle to get £4500 for my very late 54 plate TDI sport with full leather HIDS full history s4 wing mirrors and 19" X5 alloys. You can ask as much as you want but be prepared for silly low offers age is against you and 2.5 v6s to most folk would say high running cost........I'm thinkin of just re doing some stuff on mine instead of selling...Im on the hunt for an RS4 B7 interior @ the mo....
    there's always going to be silly offers... some people will pay a premium for the quattro, others will complain about the mileage.

main running cost extra is the cam, which has just been done... it's not like u have to buy 2 extra spark plugs

careful with the HID's - if it's not the factory fitted, can make the sale tricky as it's illegal to sell unless you have the full auto-levelling and washers and most people don't bother as that's the expensive bit (ask Woorlord!).
    LostBok/BahnStormer77

5th Gear

Status
    Dont use Parkers guide,use glass`s guide you will get all the trade, private sale prices.
    trade in would be around £22-2300

1st Gear

Status
    top and bottom of it! if the geezer down the road wants to buy your motor! tell him you want 5k if he poos his pants send him to ford for a 51 mondeo! job done!

1st Gear

Status
    must admit your car has some very nice toys very tempting!
    Quote Originally Posted by vorsprung dork View Post
    top and bottom of it! if the geezer down the road wants to buy your motor! tell him you want 5k if he poos his pants send him to ford for a 51 mondeo! job done!

5th Gear

Status
    check this out maybe a little over priced 6k on a cat D OMG !!!!!2004 AUDI A4 1.9TDI QUATTRO AVANT SPORT 130BHP 6-SPEED **83250 Miles** | eBay
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by marktdisport View Post
    check this out maybe a little over priced 6k on a cat D OMG !!!!!2004 AUDI A4 1.9TDI QUATTRO AVANT SPORT 130BHP 6-SPEED **83250 Miles** | eBay
    6 K !!!! and its on a CAT D some people live in cloud cookoo land with there pricing its ok but lets be fair its BOG standard......I wish somebody would pay that for mine.
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.