Should I but a S4?

Very nice mate!! I think you should unscrew the air box and tell us how the induction roar sounds!! Bet its really loud out of the V8!!

How is the performance compaired with your old car?

The 3.2V6 A3 was a very quick and revvy car. Off the mark, it was great but the S4 is a different kind of league really. The acceleration on 2nd and 3rd is just awesome. Dont get me wrong, I still love the A3 and if I could have kept both....?...!...

Looks like new 911 - how many miles has it done?

Would the S4 be in a different league to the S3 perfomance wise - I notice that the S3 is actaully quicker 30-50!! That's it though but the figures are closer than I had expected.

can' afford to run 2 cars so still need a towbar!

30-50 and an S3 is quicker? Just can't see it. I had a TT (APR chipped) and the S4 is simply quicker all round.

If the S3 is indeed quicker then I'd be interested to hear the scenario e,g, is it in 6th?

[ QUOTE ]
Audi driver did a review of the new V8 and said that the engine doesnt actually weigh any more than the old 2.7TT. Pretty good how these big engines are getting lighter!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Spoupie,

I have herd that mate and I can beleive it. When you think about all the extras with the older S4 you can see why i.e. 2 turbo chargers, Intercooler (not sure if theres 2) and all the associated pipework and plumbing.

I must admit I am seriously looking on getting the V8 S4 for my next car. I will be looking in about 18 months time and will have approx £20K so hopefully i there should be a few s knocking around in that region.

I am going to have to take one for a test drive soon as i am itching to see how smooth and powerful the V8 actually is. Turbo power cant have be a pain in the **** some time as there are so many sensors, valves and pipework to play up. It definately N/A for my next car but not totaly sure what.

V8 S4 is favourate but E46 M3 is still kicking around in my mind.

Yeah i finish uni in a couple of years and when i get a regular salary i will probably look to update my A4 either for a newer 1.8T and swap some of my bits over or get a S4 4.2.

Cheers

From Uni to an S4. Someone tell me what I did wrong. It took me much longer! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yeah it will all depend on where i am living when i finish and hopefully they should have depreciated a bit in a couple of years. Otherwise i will probably just get a newer 1.8T.

Cheers