Parrot

simon.m

Reaction score
any one using one of these parrot bluetooth car kits are they any good and what ones are you using to plug into the audi head unit

Mine came with a Parrot (I'd have to check the model number, maybe CK3100) and tbh the Nokia CK7W (?) I had in my previous car was far superior. I know other people who have had more luck with them though, so maybe mine's just a dodgy install

do they just plug into your audi head unit

I've done many installs of the Parrot CK3100 and they are superb, easy to fit and work very well. Even a novice can do a nice job of installing inside of 2 hours.

Think I may have to buy one can't be doing with the head sets any more

My 1.8T quattro came with a blue tooth parrot fitted and i think its great, but i have not used any others, blue tooth all your contacts from your phone, jobs a good un.

I have the Nokia CK7W and Audi loom, the only thing on show is the mic (which I will move to the interior light housing) the small controller which is next to me gear stick.

When you use the loom, you don't use the ugly speaker as the car kit routes through the Audi head unit.

You need this: Audi HandsFree Radio mute cable for Nokia CK7W | eBay

And this: NOKIA CK-7W ADVANCED BLUETOOTH CAR KIT | eBay

The red plug goes stright into your head unit and will mute your stereo when a call comes in.

The small black plug and 3.5mm jack goes into the CK7W control box, these are for power (you don't use the loom that comes with the CK7W kit), mute and audio out.

Last edited:
o im guessing when they mute the music the phone call comes out of the car speakers and it pears up with the blue tooth no need to plug it in is the sound clear on them and can they hear you ok on the other end. the merc i had the other week had one built in and some times i had to lean forwards so they could hear me ok lol

Yes, it automaticcally mutes the radio as soon as a call comes in and sound comes through the speakers hence why you don;t need the speaker that comes with the CK7W kit, but you do need to buy the Audi look as per my above post.

The sound quality is extremely good, people on the other end can hear me clearly without any problems.

ok thanks for that will have a good look about for some ;-) i like the idea of hiding the mic too

Its easy to hide the mic. By the ambient LED's you can see where the oem mic sits, its easy to put your mic in there. It didn't do much for the sound quality of mine though.

thanks james thought id put it up there if there was space and now looking at page 3 of what lewie posted it will for sure be going up there thanks guys now all i need to do is find one for the right price ;-)

Mine is clipped to the light< i was tempted to install it inside but with a cab thought it may not pick up voices too well

lol yeah it is a bit nicer to look at than the parrot ones that's for sure what i liked about is you can change the LEDs to red to match the dash well it had loads of colours red being one of them now just to find a good price on it

If your DIY skills are good and you are ingenious, make a mould and put it inside your centre air vent :icon_thumright:

Sorry to hijack, can anyone who has the 3100 say / show where they have put the display, having mine put in next week.

Oh, Simon.m the 3100 Parrot is a good kit, although a little slow to pair but reliable and it lights up a white green colour and displays the name that you designate your phone etc, nice kit.

My display is just to the left of the steering wheel, under the little buttons near the speedo..

Love the thing! Def need to get one when I get a new car!

If your DIY skills are good and you are ingenious, make a mould and put it inside your centre air vent :icon_thumright:

yeah cant see that happening lol i thought about taking my ashtray out and laying if flat in there so hidden till you open the lid 007 style lol but will see when i get one as to where it fits best.

4NT thinking the nokia one looks nicer to be fair so will get that one ;-)

jd26 what one you defo getting mate the nokia one ?

This is the only picture I've got, taken ages ago. It's an ok place, seems to work fine and looks fairly neat.

CleanMay2009001.jpg

Cheers James, that's the spot I imagined I'd go for but was keen to see if there was a better place as the trim panel leans back slightly.

Ta.

I have the CK3100 and I can't fault it. I removed the top bit of the dash (where the hazards switch is) and blu-tacked (lol!) the screen to the dash just below the centre air vents. Took me half a day start to finish to fit and most of that time was taken figuring how to take the A pillar trim off so I could hide the Mic in the courtesy lamp unit.

IMG_0280.jpg

think the Nokia one im going to get is smaller as it has two parts but seems a good place for them

Worth every penny m8, I got a full kit of the 3200 if ya wanna make a sensible offer - full colour screen etc - faultless !!!
even with the most basic mobile phone !!! Lol

Only for possible sale due to my A3 having Bluetooth kit !! will keep rather than sell for nowt !!! Lol

can safely say this nokia is very nice to look at fits right in does not look out of place at all and i like that i can put the remote any where in the car as it wireless. only thing that is not to good is the built in mic but think thats as i put it down low rather than on top of the dash but i can get a separate mic to plug in for 5 pounds and mount that any where

My Nokia one is coming out of the car tomorrow and a Parrot CK3100 is going in it's place.

Got a brand new CK3100 given to me by my boss this morning :rockwoot:

Well done slappy. Cannot beat something free!

My only negative is now I know you can change the colour of the Nokia to key in with the Audi red lighting I want that. My Parrot owes me nothing too as I ripped it out of my last car so it's gotta go in. Prob match the position of alpesh26 and James (thanks for sharing) :icon_thumright:

Well done slappy. Cannot beat something free!

My only negative is now I know you can change the colour of the Nokia to key in with the Audi red lighting I want that. My Parrot owes me nothing too as I ripped it out of my last car so it's gotta go in. Prob match the position of alpesh26 and James (thanks for sharing) :icon_thumright:

it was that the pushed me over to the nokia one and the red they have on it is not 100% the same as the audi but you can custom it so it matches 100% and on the up side the buttons to take a call or go through the menu are wireless so stick it where you want it did come with a strap/holder to fit the steering wheel but i did not use that. and the sound is very clear coming throu the front speakers it does not mute the back ones though so can still hear music but on the iso leads there are 4 mute wires so if you did not want that im sure it would not be hard to do the back ones too. i will post a pic of it on so you can see it only thing is where i put it the built in mic dont pick me up as good as it would if up higher so i will buy the add on mic for £5 that plugs into the box and then run that up to the light unit
IMG-20120216-00155.jpg

Have an A4 Cab and an S4, installed both with Parrot MKi9200 and quickly replaced with Xcarlink system. Phone worked great on the Parrot, but music streaming was awful even with the approx £50 amplified loom. Both now fitted with Xcarlink with optional bluetooth with Brodit iPhone 4S craddles and work brilliantly. The only downside is that you have to change to CDC to use the phone.

can some one help me with this i just got the mic for the hands free today so took out the intera light to pop it in there and found i have 3 mic looking things i have 2 in the black grill looking part and one by the switch ? at first i thought it was the alarm sensors but looking at the link lewie put up i should not have any as it shows him putting a mic there