Parrot

It's raining heavily in sunny Cornwall at the moment so I don't want to get wet right now, but when the weather is better, I'll pop mine out to have a look for you.

I'm sure that there must be another location in there to put the microphone in. There has to be as I need to do mine yet :ohmy:

oh year there is a place it fits in very well just after looking at the link it got me thinking lol now just job of running the wire dont the a piller

I've finally finished the Parrot CK3100 install, as per someone's I saw on here I put the mic in the dials pod / binnacle as opposed to messing around in the roof light and a pillar trims.

As I often use the drinks holder I thought putting the screen in the centre eyeline spot above the hazard waning switch it would be blocked so I decided to route it into the ashtray (non smoker, storing car park change in here that slid around and rattled).

When the phone rings or I want to dial out I just open the ashtray, still surprisingly visible too!

Please excuse poor quality pics and temp vinyl.

6813421122_b2c4cf0fc2.jpg
6959534251_88d14999c8.jpg

That's a good idea, I never though about putting mine there. A job for me this weekend :salute:

Did you use the line in cables to your head unit or the ISO plugs?

That's a good idea, I never though about putting mine there. A job for me this weekend :salute:

Did you use the line in cables to your head unit or the ISO plugs?

Sorry for the slow response Slappy. I had a friend of mine help with the wiring bit as it went over my head, I was shocked when I looked and it wasn't Quadlock then remembered it's a 10yr old car. Wired into the existing ISO loom and without the parrot mute kit. I don't know how he did it but also managed to make it mute the rears which I hear is a bit of a job on these de to sub / amp etc.

I'm happy with the display in the ashtray and recommend hacking the hell out of it to get it settled in. The only negative is that when you're in 5th the shifter blocks the view of the screen! And, the screen is surprisingly easy to see at the angle it sits at.

Good luck and post pics if and when you do it.

I have the Parrot CK3100 installed and I have never had any issues with it! When you get it installed my first piece of advice would be to update the firmware. You can do this via bluetooth, this is the link for the the software you need - Parrot - Downloads .. I didn't have issues installing mine now, and located it in a nice easy to reach spot which is viable at all times.

DSC_0047.jpg

Hope this helps! :)

Thanks for that.

I've still yet to decide.

Can't decide on whether to put it in the middle of the dash in between the centre vents like Alpesh26 did or lower down. Trouble is, I'm quite short so my seat is as far forward as it can go, so clear visibility of the screen and reaching the control is a main priority for me.

I'm struggling to hear the caller on mine, so I may connect it via the ISO loom rather than the line feeds to see if it improves the callers voice.