Stupid power question

vroomtshh

Reaction score
Has anyone ever rolling roaded a standard 1.8t quattro sport? And what did it make?

I had mine done on Saturday and it made 185bhp. I can't decide if its a very good standard engine, bad mapped engine (Told it isn;t mapped) or just a bad dyno operator (although some of the other runs seemed pretty accurate)

Has anyone ever rolling roaded a standard 1.8t quattro sport? And what did it make?

I had mine done on Saturday and it made 185bhp. I can't decide if its a very good standard engine, bad mapped engine (Told it isn;t mapped) or just a bad dyno operator (although some of the other runs seemed pretty accurate)

Firstly, what year.... i also have the 1.8T QS.

that is probably one of the most subjective questions you can ask,.

No two engines are the same, the same can be said for the dyno.

For example your engine may have more or less miles than others, or in better or worse condition, not to mention the dyno you had yours run on could be running 15bhp above true, someone else might have had theirs done at 5bhp above true, etc etc.

So im afraid you wont have anything clarified from your question

that is probably one of the most subjective questions you can ask,.

No two engines are the same, the same can be said for the dyno.

For example your engine may have more or less miles than others, or in better or worse condition, not to mention the dyno you had yours run on could be running 15bhp above true, someone else might have had theirs done at 5bhp above true, etc etc.

So im afraid you wont have anything clarified from your question

I know all of the above. Hence the reason for asking the question.
I'm trying to work out why the power was what it was. I (generally) don't believe that the car would be 185bhp, but going from other readouts on that dyno on that day, most other outputs were fairly accurate.
So that would suggest the dyno was reasonably close (i.e. other standard cars were +- 5bhp from where they should be)

I wasn't sure if that model generally rolls higher than it should. I've heard of manufacturers under quoting before, so the next model up looks better. I also know there are plenty of 180bhp variants of the same engine.

I'm not particularly interested in the actual numbers. Just wondered if its normal for them to read high. The fact that intake temps were just slightly above freezing certainly can't have done any harm :lol: