My cars "health check" result from Audi- real world prices roughly please?

Grangey.

Reaction score
Hi all,

So, got my car serviced on friday by audi and they carried out their normal health check and it threw up a couple of things I wasnt expecting.

So under the "Immediate Attention" bit I have;

"C links heavily perished and serperated"- cost £149.74 inc vat for parts and labour
"Rear anti roll bar cracked and corroded"- cost 227.45 inc vat for parts and labour

I also need two new tyres which are far more exensive than I had hoped for 17s but thats another matter!

They also claim my clutch is high- but actually it feels fine for me. The car has just done 70k but im pretty sure when I bough the car (on 62k) that the clutch had been changed at least once- annoyingly I cant find these receipts currently as well as the one that showed the cambelt had been done! But Audi of corse quote £979 for a clutch change.

So roughly speaking as I know it varies from place to place, what "real world" prices can I expect to pay for the above bits?

Id also like to know how much the following bits are;

fuel filter
airfilter
pollen filter

Grangey

Alot of the cost is labour charge, without checking my docs, the c links on my 1.8t 190 were £26-30 from Audi, the rear anti roll bar you can upgrade to a thicker RS4 one for £90 including the rubber mounts from Audi, and if you look on Audi.co.uk fixed price servicing your clutch should be £ 749 or 899 for quattro. The c links and rear antiroll bar are simple to change its only a few nuts and bolts, as for the your clutch it will be the original mine is on 105K and is original, my mate has a 1.8T 190 and his is on 150K and that is original too. At garages i was getting quotes around £500 for a new clutch,

As for pollen filter i pay £9 for genuine off ebay, air filter stick a panel filter in for £35 and no idea about fuel filter i need to get one for mine probably £6-10 roughly. Look online for tyres blackcircle, mytyres, tyre shopper etc you will get 17's alot cheaper than prices at dealers... Good luck sorting it all out...

Check the parts number sticky for prices on most stuff, especially the RS4 rear anti roll bar conversion, took me about an hour to do.....

Clutch will be original, mine's on 113K and still feels fine...

my clutch just been done 130k with remap, rear arb cracked wtf !!!! is it just the coating of paint cracked sureley the bar aint cracked..... sniffing for work by any chance..... half decent tyres gonna cost around £50 a corner for 17's

belive nothing audi say
but the c links and rarb urgraded to rs4 140 in parts 2/3 hours fitting depending on who fits

the plastic colars on the antiroll bar crack and fall off these position the bar and prevent side slip when its working or not when these collars have broken. I upgraded mine to the rs4 one and you would not believe the change in handling. do the upgrade you will not regret it

Had my arb done by Huntingdon Audi for £160.00 inc. so your stealer is ripping you off.

As per the parts number sticky, costs for RS4 RARB and drop links..... and it the collars that crack, not the bar, plus the drop links wear out over time as well....

RS4 rear Anti-Roll Bar.

RARB - 8E0 511 409 AL - £58.80
Bushes - 8E0 511 327 A - £2.78 each
Brackets - 8E0 511 439 - £2.85 each
Drop links - 8E0 505 465 AF - £25.95 each

​