Volks AutosSky Insurance
    1st Gear

Status

My cars "health check" result from Audi- real world prices roughly please?

Hi all,

So, got my car serviced on friday by audi and they carried out their normal health check and it threw up a couple of things I wasnt expecting.

So under the "Immediate Attention" bit I have;

"C links heavily perished and serperated"- cost £149.74 inc vat for parts and labour
    "Rear anti roll bar cracked and corroded"- cost 227.45 inc vat for parts and labour

I also need two new tyres which are far more exensive than I had hoped for 17s but thats another matter!

They also claim my clutch is high- but actually it feels fine for me. The car has just done 70k but im pretty sure when I bough the car (on 62k) that the clutch had been changed at least once- annoyingly I cant find these receipts currently as well as the one that showed the cambelt had been done! But Audi of corse quote £979 for a clutch change.

So roughly speaking as I know it varies from place to place, what "real world" prices can I expect to pay for the above bits?

Id also like to know how much the following bits are;

fuel filter
    airfilter
    pollen filter

Thanks

Grangey
    2002 B6 A4 1.9 TDi 130 Sport with fully factory Votex kit.

Currently standard

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    Alot of the cost is labour charge, without checking my docs, the c links on my 1.8t 190 were £26-30 from Audi, the rear anti roll bar you can upgrade to a thicker RS4 one for £90 including the rubber mounts from Audi, and if you look on Audi.co.uk fixed price servicing your clutch should be £ 749 or 899 for quattro. The c links and rear antiroll bar are simple to change its only a few nuts and bolts, as for the your clutch it will be the original mine is on 105K and is original, my mate has a 1.8T 190 and his is on 150K and that is original too. At garages i was getting quotes around £500 for a new clutch,

As for pollen filter i pay £9 for genuine off ebay, air filter stick a panel filter in for £35 and no idea about fuel filter i need to get one for mine probably £6-10 roughly. Look online for tyres blackcircle, mytyres, tyre shopper etc you will get 17's alot cheaper than prices at dealers... Good luck sorting it all out...
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

3rd Gear

Status
    Check the parts number sticky for prices on most stuff, especially the RS4 rear anti roll bar conversion, took me about an hour to do.....

Clutch will be original, mine's on 113K and still feels fine...
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...

5th Gear

Status
    my clutch just been done 130k with remap, rear arb cracked wtf !!!! is it just the coating of paint cracked sureley the bar aint cracked..... sniffing for work by any chance..... half decent tyres gonna cost around £50 a corner for 17's
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

Status
    belive nothing audi say
    but the c links and rarb urgraded to rs4 140 in parts 2/3 hours fitting depending on who fits

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    the plastic colars on the antiroll bar crack and fall off these position the bar and prevent side slip when its working or not when these collars have broken. I upgraded mine to the rs4 one and you would not believe the change in handling. do the upgrade you will not regret it
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

5th Gear

Status
    just out of curiosity how much was the rs4 arb
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

Audi WAudi

Status
    Had my arb done by Huntingdon Audi for £160.00 inc. so your stealer is ripping you off.

5th Gear

Status
    I've got an 18mm sline arb sat in the garage after I upgraded to the Rs4 arb. Make me an offer i f you like.. .
    07 2.0T SLine SE V2 Quattro, Full Milltek with hi-flow sports cat, APR Stage 2+ 280BHP/325lb/ft, APR HPFP, K&N panel, S4 alloys, Spacers, Black Optics, Eibachs, RS4 grill and fogs, Fog tints, RS4 ARB, RS4 Gearstick, LCR splitter, Black Calipers, Drilled discs, Debadged, Colour DIS, Bose, Adaptive Xenons/DRL, Black/Silver Audi Exclusive leather, Audi Carbon inlays, carbon difuser/B pillars, RNS-E+/Bluetooth, Cruise, Int/ext light packs, Rain/light sensors, mudflaps, LED plate/side/boot/interior

3rd Gear

Status
    As per the parts number sticky, costs for RS4 RARB and drop links..... and it the collars that crack, not the bar, plus the drop links wear out over time as well....

RS4 rear Anti-Roll Bar.

RARB - 8E0 511 409 AL - £58.80
    Bushes - 8E0 511 327 A - £2.78 each
    Brackets - 8E0 511 439 - £2.85 each
    Drop links - 8E0 505 465 AF - £25.95 each

03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...