Indicators no longer flash when locking car.

quattrojames

Staff member
Reaction score
When I lock the car the indicators no longer flash and the siren doesn't chirp (as enabled on VCDS). They flash fine when I unlock it, and the door led works as it should.

Anyone got any ideas before I scan it tomorrow?

Bit wierd, when i bought mine non of this happened and i couldn't get it to beep when locked or unlocked.

Did you change anything in conv module lately?

What did you do to resolve it?

Mine's been fine until yesterday :think:

Only way to tell is to connect your vcds and see what code you have currently.
Add 512 to activate flash when lock with remote and check if it works.
Add 1024 to activate horn sound when lock with remote and check if it works.
Btw when you add/activate function you will need to exit coding page and leave to start page on vcds and then test it.

I'll see what codes are in there tomorrow. What I don't uderstand is why it's been working perfectly for ages (beeping for 2 + months, indicators flashing upon lock for 5 years!) and now without me doing anything it's just stopped!

I don't know mate. Had the same thing few days ago but everything stopped working except for selective unlocking.
When I checked it my code was 00004... for some reason it just changed one day.

Sounds about right :lmfao:

If thats all it is I'll be happy, I'll let you know.

have you been round and checked that all doors are locked?

when my door wiring went it wouldnt lock the door with the fob so the indicators wouldnt flash

As above really James. Just added the details. Mine was just zero.

Doors, boot and fuel flap all lock fine.

Each one activates the courtesy light when it opens. The LED flashes quickly for 30 secs, then reverts to a slower flash when the hazard warning switch goes out, so I can only assume the alarm is working correctly.

If I arm the car, then unlock it with the key, after 15 secs the (slightly less than deafening) alarm goes off, so I think it's working as it should.

Passenger footwell is dry.

The only issue I'm aware of is an intermittent rear offside door speaker.

It would have been quicker to take the laptop out and scan it lol.

VCDS didn't show anything unexpected.

I checked the coding, but I don't know what it was before.... I really need to reset it all and start again.

This is what I have now, can anyone tell me definitely which of the options I need to include? I don't know what half of them are and the Ross-Tech site doesn't explain them that well.

vcds-1.jpg

Does no one know?

Please can someone with VCDS check theirs when they get a spare few mins and see what codes and options they're running?

I would check mine James but mine was 0 when i bought the car so they're all inputted by me so not guarenteed to be correct. But I can check tomorrow if you like?

It was originally xxxxx (I can't remember)

I then added 00032 for anti-hijack locks and 01024 so the horn beeps on locking, worked well and all was fine for a few months. I think it was reading 08171.

For no reason the indicators stopping flashing and the horn beep on locking as per this thread. It was reading 08171 still, so I reset it to 07115 (08171 less 00032 and 01024) and they still wouldn't work. Back up to 08171 and no change.

So I want to reset all the codes, problem being I'm not too sure exactly what all the options mean and whether I need to enable them. I can have a play but I don't want to feck it up really.

I would check mine James but mine was 0 when i bought the car so they're all inputted by me so not guarenteed to be correct. But I can check tomorrow if you like?

If you wouldn't mind mate. Just let me know whether you have things like anti-hijack and beep on confirmation enabled.

I don't have beep. Well I might do, but it didn't work. I have anti hijack on too.

When I lock the car the indicators no longer flash and the siren doesn't chirp (as enabled on VCDS). They flash fine when I unlock it, and the door led works as it should.

Anyone got any ideas before I scan it tomorrow?
I sorted mine today it was the wires inside the door rubber they must of worn through and were slightly touching I just lecky taped them up it's spot on now