Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
    2nd Gear

Status

Hi all gunna bite the bullet.. help required please for two part numbers

Hi all im after the two part numbers for the A4 B6 TDi 130 temp sensor and is it the coolant sensor????? Basically my car is averaging constant 37 MPG including A + B roads and motorway running, its chipped but still should be doing a lot better as it used to get mid 40 MPG. so im going to get an awsome GTI re remap done + im going to get rid of the EGR valve and replace the sensors as the temp in the dash never gets near 90.

Anybody any help with part numbers..................CHEERS
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    If your not getting to 90 it could be a failed stat...
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kite View Post
    If your not getting to 90 it could be a failed stat...
    Failed stat ??????????????? whats that.....Theres no way my MPG should be that bad i drive it like a nun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

3rd Gear

Status
    Thermostat...
    A4 (b6) 2.5 TDi QS Saloon.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Thermostat. That or the CTS (coolant temp sensor) are good places to start. Neither will break the bank.
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

6th Gear

Status
    Not sure what kind of job it is to change the thermostat on the 130. It's at the side of the engine against the bulkhead on the PD?
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

3rd Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Greeny233 On Twitter
    i'd change the thermostat first. it's on the right-hand side of the engine just by the altenator.
    Chris "the machine" Green.
    2004 Audi A4 1.9tdi Sport Quattro Avant

3rd Gear

Status
    When I had my Cambelt done about a year ago I made them replace the thermostat as well just cos it was a good time to do it...
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

2nd Gear

Status
    Ive seen plenty of pics as to where the thermostat is. As Greeny said, is on the passenger side, just behind the alternator.
    Im told you can change it quickly without loosing too much coolant.

Well i will find out on friday (weather permitant) and update with a few pics if i can as mine needs changing

The sensor is a little tricky/fiddly to change. You can get to it from the drivers side, up against the bulkhead
    (normally green)
    Prep the new one with new washer before removing the old one, and be careful removing the clip as its plastic

(ill be able to write a manual after ive finished sorting my little gremlins out on mine )
    A4 1.9TDI Sport - 130 (B6) / Mods: None yet, just getting the basic right first

2nd Gear

Status
    Has anybody got some part numbers??? sounds like thats were im gunna start then.

2nd Gear

Status
    Any help with part numbers????

Status

My Social Networking

2nd Gear

Status
    Bummer its not for windows 7

Status

My Social Networking

Lol sorry!

Do you need the part numbers? Can't you just order from the dealer/supplier? They're fairly common items I would think.

Status
    Just get them from a dealer or GSF, they're not expensive. I'd change the temp sender first as it's a 20 minute job, the stat is much more involved. If it was the stat stuck open the car would reach 90 when stuck in traffic idling, if it was stuck closed then you'd have overheating problems.
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyMac View Post
    Just get them from a dealer or GSF, they're not expensive. I'd change the temp sender first as it's a 20 minute job, the stat is much more involved. If it was the stat stuck open the car would reach 90 when stuck in traffic idling, if it was stuck closed then you'd have overheating problems.
    Cheers i'll do the temp sensor first then.........

2nd Gear

Status
    I changed the sender a few months ago and realised recently that the temp is sticking at 70 again
    Going to change the thermostat tomorrow
    Do you think the sender could have gone faulty again?

Status
    It can happen if you bought an aftermarket one off ebay, unlikely on an OEM part I would think, if you leave the car idling for awhile does the temp rise? Do the fans kick in at any point?
    "How to tear apart the ties that bind, perhaps fcuk off might be too kind"
    Alex Turner

5th Gear

Status
    ive replaced a thermostat stuck open and it hardly even moved the guage not even in traffic for ages customer told me they wanted temp sender changing i told them my thoughts was thermostat first, they said change the parts they had brought so done that and guess what no temp guage still, changed thermostat and bobs your uncle and cured, the reason for my thought was the heaters wasn't getting red hot they was warm but not as hot as i thought they should have been.....
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

2nd Gear

Status
    It can happen if you bought an aftermarket one off ebay, unlikely on an OEM part I would think, if you leave the car idling for awhile does the temp rise? Do the fans kick in at any point?
    Checked it last night, had the engine running for a while with the heating the car off. Did not get above 70 ish
    The fan did not kick in at all. It was a tad cold, but i would have thought it would get up to 90

The sensor i fitting was from the main dealer.
    Was going to change the thermo today, but its been hammering it down all day (no garage)