AH FabricationsSky Insurance
    Pan
    Reverse Gear

Status

New Owner - 2002 (52) Saloon 1.9 TDI Sport

Been enjoying the car for about 3 weeks now and have this weekend done the plenum grommets after hearing water splashing about behind the dashboard.

Bought mainly as an upgrade from a 3 door Ibiza after I became a dad. Waiting to get into the car while mum put the little one in the passenger front seat, was wearing a little.

I know topics are useless without pics and all that so will get some up, however, its totally poverty spec standard so you aren't missing much.

Got a few jobs to do...a faulty wire on my passenger door speaker results in it cutting out now and again. Also got a hole in the lower (unpainted) part of the rear bumper that looks like reversing damage, so ideally will look to replace this part.

Unable to post in the Wanted section, so if anyone has upgraded their standard non-cutout rear bumper and still have theirs knocking about, please let me know how much you want

Headlights are really poor...any cheapish tips to improve these? ...or is a HID upgrade really worth it?

2. # ADS
    ADS

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    The headlights are very crap as standard, I've fitted a 6000k HID kit to mine and it's loaded better.

5th Gear

Status
    Hid is the only way to go

I have a set of 55w 4300k in mine and they are brilliant

6th Gear

Status
    hi and welcome i hava HIDs 6k as a few on here do the only other thing you can do is put some osram night breaker plus see link below iv heard good things about them and have just orderd some for my missis car. NEW Osram Night Breaker PLUS H7 Bulbs +90% Audi + FREE 501 White Sidelights | eBay

3rd Gear

Status
    Be careful with HID's mate there are new Mot laws about them your supposed to have headlight levelling and washers now if not could fail its Mot. I have 8k HID's in my headlights so will find out in march when my mot is due might be best waiting see if any on here actually do fail there Mots.

Good luck with the new car
    A4 1.8T 190 S-Line, Stage 2 Shark Performance Map 230 BHP, Pipercross Panel Filter, Forge 007 DV, Blue Flame Performance Exhaust + High Flow Sports Cat, 8k HID Lights, 8k HID Fog Lights, LED Sidelights, LED Number Plate, Front + Rear Ambient Lighting, LED Interior Bulbs, Grooved Dimpled Disks, Ultimax Pads, RNS-E DVD, Tinted Windows, S4 Grill, Votex Rear Skirt, BOSE, Leather, Engine Covers, S4 Mirrors, RS4 Pedals, Gloss Black Wrapped Grills, 19" BBS LM's Summer, 19" RS6's Winter, Coilovers

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    welcome to the forum mate,

Status
    Hi, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.

6th Gear

Status
    mine just pased its mot last week with my HIDs in but if it did not pass i would have just taken them out for the re test as most will do i think.

3rd Gear

Status
    Welcome to the forum, HID's are the way to go, I have gone for OEM spec 4300k, same as factory xenons, huge difference.....
    03MY 52 reg 1.9 TDi 130PS Quattro Sport Avant - 170bhp remap, RNS-E+OEM bluetooth, B7 wiper arms/blades, 4300K HID+nightbreakers/LED sidelights, rear tints, new lights all round, new front/rear screens, frt armrest, s-line kit, cruise/DIS, B7 gearknob/aluminium trims, parking sensors, black grilles, RS4 RARB, S4 front end, black 18" RS6 alloys

Still waiting..... S4 rear bumper, exhaust tips, coilovers, leather recaro's.... phew...