New Owner - 2002 (52) Saloon 1.9 TDI Sport

Pan

Reaction score
Been enjoying the car for about 3 weeks now and have this weekend done the plenum grommets after hearing water splashing about behind the dashboard.

Bought mainly as an upgrade from a 3 door Ibiza after I became a dad. Waiting to get into the car while mum put the little one in the passenger front seat, was wearing a little.

I know topics are useless without pics and all that so will get some up, however, its totally poverty spec standard so you aren't missing much.

Got a few jobs to do...a faulty wire on my passenger door speaker results in it cutting out now and again. Also got a hole in the lower (unpainted) part of the rear bumper that looks like reversing damage, so ideally will look to replace this part.

Unable to post in the Wanted section, so if anyone has upgraded their standard non-cutout rear bumper and still have theirs knocking about, please let me know how much you want :)

Headlights are really poor...any cheapish tips to improve these? ...or is a HID upgrade really worth it?

The headlights are very crap as standard, I've fitted a 6000k HID kit to mine and it's loaded better.

Hid is the only way to go

I have a set of 55w 4300k in mine and they are brilliant

Be careful with HID's mate there are new Mot laws about them your supposed to have headlight levelling and washers now if not could fail its Mot. I have 8k HID's in my headlights so will find out in march when my mot is due might be best waiting see if any on here actually do fail there Mots.

Good luck with the new car

Hi, welcome to ASN. Hope you enjoy the forum.

mine just pased its mot last week with my HIDs in but if it did not pass i would have just taken them out for the re test as most will do i think.

Welcome to the forum, HID's are the way to go, I have gone for OEM spec 4300k, same as factory xenons, huge difference.....