Removing rear bumper 04 A4 saloon

a3goqik

Reaction score
Have bought a detachable towbar to fit to my 2004 A4 saloon and I haven`t a clue how to get the rear bumper off.
Has anyone done this who can talk me throught it. I can see the bump /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font> er appears to be in two parts, but does it all have to come of together, at the moment I am thinking that there must be some hidden attachment bolts inside the wheel arches and perhaps I might have to take the rear lights out. I did manage the same job on my old Golf TDI a couple of years ago. But would appreciate some pointers on this one. john.

i did a avant and boy was there a lot off crap to come loose- take your light units out and the bolts are behind there, plus a few underneath the car on brackets and the 3 behind the arch liners(which remove with a torque's bit T27 i thinks and bolts are all 8mm

Your right, had to take loads of bits off, both rear wheels, inner arches, all inside trim in the boot area, under tray, rear exhaust boxmounting, rear lights, a nightmare.
Towbar is on now and the outside parts back together. Its a really neat job though, you can barely see the towbar with the ball hitch removed.
Now I need to sort out the wiring

Does anyone know the Audi colour codes for the wiring ie rear indicators, stop lights, rear lights, fog light? john /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/noidea.gif