switches and buttons

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
look in at the golf switch thread brought something to my attention.

Do new vag cars have issues with their button faces?

My mate got 07 plate octy and all his window buttons are starting to show white, my old man's 03 Toerag has got warn out bits on almost every button and noticing your head light switch thread prompted me to post this.

Is this a common issue with newer vags or just extreme cases?

I think it is because they decided to covered every bit of plastic in "soft touch" paint, this stuff can only take so many years of normal use before it starts to wear down & show the white underneath, about the only think we can do about it, is to replace the worst bits.

It's a but hit and miss, I have had four A4s B5 and B6 pls my current cab and not one of them had this problem.....

It's a but hit and miss, I have had four A4s B5 and B6 pls my current cab and not one of them had this problem.....

I dont think B5s will ever get this problem cause the buttons seem to be made/coated in a better paint/plastic stuff.

But I've noticed it more on skodas and touareg. there is the odd B6 i've seen.
Not sure bout the B7s, B8s or even the 8Ps.

My 05 Plate B7 is still like new inside. No peeling of switches or anything. My dad's old B6 looked appauling. The finger plate where the window switches are on the drivers side was very easily marked, as was the glovebox lid and the "paint" had come off the window switches.

Can u buy replecement switches/buttons?