gear box

ramsay6983

Reaction score
Hey guys. I have a 1.9tdi 130bhp I current have upgraded clutch flywheel and intercooler, ready for the new turbo which is hybrid, the should sit at roughly 250 when finished however I'm worried that the gearbox may not cope with this new power, does anyone know what sort of limit the box would have and if it can't cope what to change to?! Thanks

What turbo are going for and how much will it cost?
Ive got the 1.9TDI too, looking a remap to 170, but if the new turbo is reasonable i might look into that instead

Which clutch/flywheel did you go for?

Its just the standard turbo being rebuilt as a hybrid! I'm from northern ireland and there's a company close to me does a lot of stuff like that, know a few people that have used them before so thought I'd go for it! I'm about to get the turbo built and a map for 500 odd but its the other parts that are costing! Its a 6 paddle clutch and although people have commented on my choice a dual mass flywheel but its been pushed to higher torque than what mine will be so I thought I'd go for that to keep as much comfort as possible! They're both from cg clutches in england! As I said before I'm just worried that the gearbox might not handle the increase in power and torque!