Brake Light Bulb Warning - After Bulb has been replaced !!!

silversurfer

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Audi A4 (54) B6 which I recently replaced the right brake light bulb on, 2 weeks later the left bulb warning came on, I have since changed the left bulb 3 times but the warning continues to stay on the dash display.. And to make it worse the right side seems to have stopped working too (but doesn't show an error on the dash)..

I now only have the high level brake light in the boot spoiler working now so I'm not sure want's wrong (fuse also checked and is okay)!! So any help would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks

Neil

Hi neil, What happens when you turn the side lights on? do they both work ok and are the exact same brightness as the other rear side light bulbs at the rear? Just make sure you have fitted the exact correct bulbs and have fitted them in the correct position. If bulbs are ok i would see if u have power going to the lamp holder with a multimeter.

I recently replaced the right brake light bulb on, 2 weeks later the left bulb warning came on, I have since changed the left bulb 3 times but the warning continues to stay on the dash display.. And to make it worse the right side seems to have stopped working too (but doesn't show an error on the dash)..

I imagine the right bulb out warning will not work unless the left bulb out warning is fixed, that make sense?

I would check/replace the pedal switch. I have a feeling I've read somewhere before that there are two circuits in the brake light system, with the high level light being on a different one to the lower ones. Don't quote me on that though..