Numberplate Light Covers

Grangey.

Reaction score
Hi all,

I keep meaning to get round to do this but as it appears just like everyone elses- my numberplate light cover screws dont appear to be going anywhere. As its my last day off tomorrow (i know its not a big job though)... I wanted to put the LED bulbs that I purchased in... so I have 2 questions:

If I do half the job tomorrow- ie remove the lenses, is there I high risk of something bad happening (electricals shorting for example) with the bulbs exposed and i drove the car? Im assuming so but thought Id ask

Secondly, how likely is it that my local dealership would actually have these covers in stock- and would they be open tomorrow (being a bank holiday Monday?!)?

Thanks
Grangey

From memory the light units will just unclip, and you can tuck them inside the bootlid out the way for a few days and drive about with no number plate lights.

My dealer had them in stock, it's a common thing so I imagine most would..... I'm sure the sales dept. would be open on a Bank Holiday, how well versed and willing to venture into the parts department they'd be would probably vary from dealer to dealer!

Good luck!