Engine mount solenoid valves

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Last little job to get a clear scan, 17996-engine mount solenoid valves (N144/N145):Open circuit p1588-35-10...... intermittent,
anybody shed any light on this for me,what do they do and how important a fix is it??
Thanks in advance as always
Matt

right i had mine mapped other week m8 at awesome and ill find the papeerwork out but im 99% sure thats the same code as mine and the fault i have is the right hand gearbox mounting split/broke, cost for parts are around £40-50 i believe..... may be worth a check on your gearbox mounts especially if its mapped

as far as i no there is only one engine mount that has a solenoid and you can see that if you look from the front of the car it will be on the right hand side mine was just broken wiers common fault i think no biggy though

i get a thud underneath when you lift of the pedal down hills mines totally fubard though

may not be that one then there is 3 or 4 but only one that is wierd i think

80% of the time its the lower front passenger side that goes, you can see it when looking down the engine on the right hand side when standing in front of the car. Will have 2 wires going into it. Im having the same issue. Parts are £106 from Audi for our engine, labour is around £75 (1hr), stealers will charge ALOT more circa £145 + VAT minimum per hour.

I got my wifes car done, my own car has had the code for over a year with no issues but I may get it sorted when I have some money in the new year.

Last edited:
I'm getting same fault mine is 05512 engine mount solenoid valves n144 / n145 open circuit p1588 open circuit short to ground???

Blimey! You dug this thread out of its grave alright!

As twist123 says, the electro-hydraulic mount is the passenger side. Look for the two wire connector on a silver housing. There's a good chance pink hyd fluid has been leaking out too. Not a major concern though.

The thud when coming off the clutch will most likely be gearbox mount (not electric). Before buying a replacement, it's worth checking the bolt that mates the rubber element and the metal 'mounting' element of the mount together. Recently read a thread where the mating bolt had worked loose and was causing the described symptoms but after re-tightening, all was good.