Completely STUPID question- spare wheel

Grangey.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Really stupid question but about 2 months ago I got a puncture so switched out to my spare wheel and just wacked the other in the boot (literally- ie not under the flooring)...

Anyway, long story short is i finally pulled my finger out and went to put the spare wheel back in the spare wheel compartment, and whilst its kinda in... For the life of my I cant quite remember how the securing contraption thingy fits.

At the moment the wheel is ever so slighly elevated from the floor which to me doesnt seem right, and isnt secured at the top. From what I veigly remember the wheel was originally secured at the top but could be wrong here- Iv just completely forgotten what it was like!

So anyway, can someone advise if I've missed a trick here? I was actually really impressed with how the spare wheel was fixed down compared to what I had on my other cars- I just cant remember how to put it back that way or if I'm over imagining it!

Thanks!

Grangey

I find you need to put the side closest your legs in first, and it will drop down. Put it upside down, outer edge facing the road basically. Put the big plastic cover over it and screw the black jobbie down.

Of course, I just thought...this is for an avant. I have no idea if a saloon is different or not? :)

aahhh upside down! that may be the trick im stupidly missing!

yep alloy face down