Chris NottAH Fabrications
    1st Gear

Status

312 brakes not quite so easy upgrade!

after a lot of reading old threads, I thought i'd upgrade to 312 brakes, I needed new discs and pads, and thought I may as well to fill the wheels nicely. It appeared quite simple, new carriers and a new discs and pads.
    I found a set on ebay of MK5 gti ones with nearly new discs, and got those. they came with everything luckily.

Firstly the discs are a different size, they are wider and have a different smaller bore.
    I had to get some A6 ones which fitted perfectly.
    then the carriers fitted perfectly to the calipers butthe pads wouldn't sit flat, there wasn't quite enough room to get the tabs in place. so used the MK5 calipers too which needed different lines.
    as I'd painted the carriers gold, and mk5 calipers were black already my brakes are now black and gold!

anyhow just saying this for people thinking of upgrading that the mk5/s3 ones are different to the passat/audi A4/A6 ones, so watch what you buy.
    Silver A4 wagon on porsche splits

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I got my Carrier's from an online breakers ( The Parts Gateway: Find A Part) they were £25 each delivered & this is what they look like if anyone is thinking of upgrading to 312mm front brakes:

BahnStormer

Status
    B6 2.5TDI brakes are already 312mm, so you get get a straight swap for those.... (with the right carriers, etc)
    LostBok/BahnStormer77
    A6 (C7) Avant 3.0TFSI, DSG, rain and light sensor pack, LED headlight pack, MMI touch, SDS high, AMI, 360deg sensors + auto-park, Dunlop SP Winter Sports / Pirelli P Zero's.

Status

My Social Networking

Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by lostbok View Post
    B6 2.5TDI brakes are already 312mm, so you get get a straight swap for those.... (with the right carriers, etc)
    I've read on here before that not all of them are....
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

5th Gear

Status
    ive fitted mk5 golf ones, had a few problems, brake lines are to long so how to losely secure them to the strut, the mk5 pads only have 1 wear sensor not 2 like on the A4, and the wear sensor plug is female the same as whats atached to the car loom, in the end i cut up the oringinal pads to leave a small area around the sensor pluged it back in and taped it up to the loom, when i get round to it ill price up new audi a4 ones from euro car parts

1st Gear

Status
    Yeah I had the same problem, only one wear indicator, so have the light on at the moment, can you cut lines down and get a fitting to join it back up, i've looped it to the original fitting with cable ties, but not ideal.
    Silver A4 wagon on porsche splits

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by gavsman View Post
    I got my Carrier's from an online breakers ( The Parts Gateway: Find A Part) they were £25 each delivered & this is what they look like if anyone is thinking of upgrading to 312mm front brakes:

Which Carriers are those? my front brakes are on there way out and want to upgrade I take it the disc's and pad are A4/A6 2.5 TDI ones just want to confirm which carriers to go for ta?
    My Derv get 2 work car = Audi A4 Avant110bhp TDISE-Jamex Springs-RS4 Replica wheels-S4 Mirrors-plug in chip 130bhp-sh. RS4Grill,Angel eyes, **** loads spent 2 keep her mech like new! Could have easily bought a bloody B6 by now lol. I love my A4 does everything well
    My toy car=Golf mk4 GTI 1.8t, R-Teck 210bhp, 312mm brake upgrade, Jamex suspension, Forge DV,Silicone Boost set, TIP, VR6 cutch/ G60 Flywheel, Eibach Front+Rear ARB's, Full Recaro heated leather.Anni bits,

2nd Gear

Status
    They are the carriers that Audi fitted to the 2.5tdi & 3.0 petrol, yep discs & pads from 3.0 petrol part code is: (1LF,1LT - front brakes)

you can check which ones you will need on ECP

Neutral

Status
    Anyone know the part code of a b6 2.5 tdi 312mm carrier ive got some to clean up but would be handy to know if there the same as my b6 1.9 tdi non q before I take it all apart

5th Gear

Status
    If getting used carriers or getting in touch with a breakers make sure that the carrier has 569 on it as in the pic above otherwise it isn't a 312 carrier

Not all 2.5tdi came with them but all of the 3.0 did

5th Gear

Status
    Some of the early seat Leon cupra,s have 312mm discs and carriers on them , would it be possible to use these ?
    2003 pearlescent black s4 avant tiptronic - milltek exhaust - pre cats removed - remapped ...
    koni adjustable suspension front and rear
    alpine f1 dvi9990 -pxah990 headunit and processor - alpine d511r
    4 x focal 5ws midbass drivers - focal audiom 6w midrange - focal tce tweeters - velodyne df 12 sc servo controlled subwoofer
    3 x phoenix gold zpa 0.5 amplifiers

1st Gear

Status
    This is a timely thread, as my discs and pads need changing so am just about to do the upgrade. I have the correct carriers but just wondering whether I need any additional bolts for them?
    Dolphin Grey B6 A4 Avant 1.9tdi

Mods so far: Allard EGR delete pipe, Shark remap, Bilstein B12 Sportline suspension

God Mode

Status
    Was going to do this myself but after reading all the agro might go for a decent brand of the original size

Neutral

Status
    Looks like my 2.5tdi carriers are the right ones but euro car parts has two thickness of 312mm disc !? And then pads needs to match
    And will the bolts holding my 288mm carriers be ok to use again or is the 312mm carrier thicker too

1st Gear

Status
    You shouldn't have any aggro, did this on mine a few weeks back. I got the 2.5 carriers off eBay, simply a case of taking the old one off and putting the new one on. I got my discs from MTec who only offer one thickness, but if you are unsure simply buy the discs that are the same thickness as your original discs as the calipers and pads stay the same

Neutral

Status
    Last question where your carrier bolts reused ?
    I take it the 2.5tdi carrier isn't thicker, as i see for some write ups on this
    Front caliper carrier bolts – 4x Audi Part No. N 908 768 02 (M14x1.5x38mm long)
    Assume thats what I already have ...

1st Gear

Status
    yes, you reuse the bolts, you only need the carrier itself and the larger disc, everything else is reused

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
    Last question where your carrier bolts reused ?
    I take it the 2.5tdi carrier isn't thicker, as i see for some write ups on this
    Front caliper carrier bolts – 4x Audi Part No. N 908 768 02 (M14x1.5x38mm long)
    Assume thats what I already have ...

Hi Mixxy

I've just literally had mine done. No extra bolts were required, the ones from the existing carriers were used. Really pleased with the difference, although I'm not sure whether that's down to the larger discs or the fact I now have thicker pads!!
    Dolphin Grey B6 A4 Avant 1.9tdi

Mods so far: Allard EGR delete pipe, Shark remap, Bilstein B12 Sportline suspension

Neutral

Status
    Im gutted just started this and got the drivers sided done only to find ive been sent two different ones ! I only checked the codes on the drivers side. Both should have been from a 2.5 I assumed the same car ! Anyone spot a carrier for a b6 a4 Passanger side for 312mm disc pm me !