EM TuningAH Fabrications
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Hi all is this the right EGR delete kit?????

1st Gear

Status
    You'll get a code on some cars as your ecu will expect to see a lower maf reading than what it's getting with the egr disconnected.

Just block the single one to the egr to try it. If it works and causes no elm then remove all vac lines related to the egr and asv.

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I tried just blocking the EGR vac pipe, but it still threw the EML.
    A4 Avant B6 1.9 TDI 130 Sport (6) Moro Pearl Blue, GMBH S Line Kit, Decat, 165bhp remap, EGR delete, K&N panel, Dunlop SP Sport Max, Full Leather, Cruise Control, Full DIS, Bose, Audi phone prep, Cooled Glove Box, Rear privacy glass, Rear parking assist.
    2003 Seat Ibiza 1.2 TSI FR in Lima green.

2nd Gear

Status
    If it ever stops raining where i live i'll get my head under the bonnet and get this done, its rained for near as damn it all crimbo......
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

5th Gear

Status
    So in short, are these allard kits worth fitting and what else needs to be done/ purchased, I am suffering crap mpg but am just about to change the air mass meter.
    A4 AVANT 1.9TDI 130 SPORT:
    18" RS6'S//TWIN EXHAUST//ALLARD EGR DELETE//AERO WIPERS//B7 KEYS & ENGINE COVERS//BLACK OPTICS //FRONT & REAR S-LINE BUMPERS//TAILGATE SPOILER//S4 HEADLIGHTS,GRILLS & DOOR BLADES//RS4 RARB & PEDALS//FRONT,REAR & FOOTWELL AMBIENT LIGHTING//PUDDLE LIGHTS//FAN JETS//MEDIA SYSTEM//T.V//7" HEADREST MONITORS//REAR BLINDS//REVERSE CAMERA// CRUISE & DIS

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyboyc View Post
    So in short, are these allard kits worth fitting and what else needs to be done/ purchased, I am suffering crap mpg but am just about to change the air mass meter.
    Just like me last filll i averaged 30.5 MPG!!!!! but it was all town driving + cold weather...........I mite but an ALLARD KIT JUST TO BE SAFE.....................
    A4 TDI SPORT with full leather and thats it as standard.Fitted by me.Remap,S-LINE BADGES.S4 Wing mirrors.DIS,Seat Cupra splitter.Rear parking sensors.5k hids+LED side lights+DRL lights+chrome indicator bulbs,amber fog lights.LED Xenon number plate bulbs,upper/lower front grills+boot strip in matt black.Ipod dock.19" BMW X5 SPORT CONCAVE ALLOYS,9 J FRONT 10 J REAR 20mm hub adapters front ET 28,18mm hub adapters rear ET 27.

TO DO.B5 spring perches.Renault rear diffuser?? S/S exhaust.

5th Gear

Status
    Blanking the egr won't make a lot of difference mpg probably about 2 to 3mpg if your very lucky

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SL11 CKK View Post
    Do you have to block the vac pipes as I've just left it dangling there!.
    yes, the vac pipe has to be blocked.
    2003 A4 2.5 TDI QUATTRO AVANT

Neutral

Status
    Hi,

Im think of fitting a EGR delete and upon reading the above could someone confirm it the engine management would come on with a awx 2002 52 plate?

Thanks

sam

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by samsam View Post
    Hi,

Im think of fitting a EGR delete and upon reading the above could someone confirm it the engine management would come on with a awx 2002 52 plate?

Thanks

sam
    I wouldn't think so mate, I've read it to be cars 2003 onwards that the EML could come on. I would go for an EGR blank rather than delete the valve, as I understand it the EGR also houses the Anti Shudder Valve which stops the engine when you turn the key off by starving it off air. If you turbo seals fail and the car goes into a 'runaway' there would be no way to stop it without the ASV.

Mines the same engine and year as yours, im going to disconnect the vac pip and block it. This will leave the EGR valve closed. To be sure fit a blanking plate to the lower end of the EGR feed pipe. Job done.

Pro Tinkerer

Status
    If your cars newer than an 03 plate you WILL get the EML light. Also if your just blanking the pipe off and not fitting a delete you should leave the ASV valve plugged in.
    Made on the red side of Manchester

1st Gear

Status
    Has anyone bought one of the blanking plates and gasket off ebay? Im guessing they'll do the job ok?

Pro Tinkerer

Status
    My dad made mine for me, there is a how to for the blanking plates in my thread, but I forgot to put in about blocking the vac pipes, and I can't edit it for some reason.
    Made on the red side of Manchester

Neutral

Status

My Social Networking

Add mikeygulley on Facebook Add mikeygulley on Google+
    I used just 2 blanking plates and a bolt in the pipe. Left actuators plugged in. On an 03 plate and had no issues. I only did it to avoid all the crap reoccurring after cleaning the intake manifold. Haven't noticed any change to the mpg at all but it did feel more responsive and pulled better. I put this down to all the cleaning I did rather than the egr blanking.

6th Gear

Status
    You can also go down the route like some of us with later 2004 cars that get the EML light when the EGR is disconnected by changing the gasket to a smaller holed one off a Mk3 Ibiza. It restricted the flow of gases getting to the EGR but allows enough not to trigger the EML.
    Mike

B6 A4 1.9 TDI Sport 130 - GMBH/S-Line kit - Akoya Silver
    - BUILD THREAD >>

6th Gear

Status
    You can also go down the route like some of us with later 2004 cars that get the EML light when the EGR is disconnected by changing the gasket to a smaller holed one off a Mk3 Ibiza. It restricted the flow of gases getting to the EGR but allows enough not to trigger the EML.
    Mike

- BUILD THREAD >>

6th Gear

Status
    Details here from an old thread

EGR blanked off now got EML on.
    Mike

- BUILD THREAD >>

No Gear

Status
    Hello everyone my 1.9 130 runs good, I'm well chuffed with the whole car to be fair.
    Would you guys advise leaving the egr system as standard, or would you go down the egr delete route before any issues start?

Thanks, Mark.

6th Gear

Status
    The EGR system has the anti shudder valve attached and the delete kit removes it......personal choice but I would rather disable the EGR by removing and bunging up the hose and keep the anti shudder
    wheymonster likes this.
    Mike

- BUILD THREAD >>

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by stu_m View Post
    its an expensive way to do it IMO

you can just make a blanking plate out of scrap metal to go between the exhaust manifold and the EGR pipe disconnect the vac pipe from the EGR and blank it with a bolt and thats it!

i cant see why the EGR would cause you to use more fuel? if its stuck a good clean would be first on the cards its free and will tell you if the EGR is at fault of not!
    Could you direct me to a write up as i dont know where the EGR is

God Mode

Status
    The bit left of your engine cover poking through it.

Neutral

Status
    Could you upload a pic mate

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrismawa View Post
    I wouldn't think so mate, I've read it to be cars 2003 onwards that the EML could come on. I would go for an EGR blank rather than delete the valve, as I understand it the EGR also houses the Anti Shudder Valve which stops the engine when you turn the key off by starving it off air. If you turbo seals fail and the car goes into a 'runaway' there would be no way to stop it without the ASV.

Mines the same engine and year as yours, im going to disconnect the vac pip and block it. This will leave the EGR valve closed. To be sure fit a blanking plate to the lower end of the EGR feed pipe. Job done.
    Could you direct me to a write up on how this is done? How hard is it to do? Parts cost etc

God Mode

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wheymonster View Post
    Could you upload a pic mate
    Haven't got one haha, don't know how you can miss it there's only that and oil (presuming yours is 1.9tdi, probably the same on some others too).

Neutral

Status
    its a 2.5 q mate. il probs be able to see it but may aswell get clued up before i start.

God Mode

Status
    If it's not left then maybe it's bottom right for the 2.5, not entirely sure but it's an easy find just take off her clothes and look for that magic metal mushroom tip.

wheymonster likes this.

Neutral

Status
    ok cheers mate! So its as simple as unbolt and clean yeh? ive also read on here that to take it off and clean, you haveto replace the gasket... did you haveto?
    A4 B6 2.5 Q Saloon

RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!

Status
    I bought 2 blanking plates off ebay formy 52 plate 1.9 TDI 130 about £2 each. Did the Mr. Muscle turbo vane clean and removed the EGR pipe completely as it gets in the way and is a pain in the butt. Not sure why anyone needs to pay £50 for a kit.
    Audi A4 TDI 130
    Remap
    18" Alloys
    Electric heated leather recaro interior
    Lowered bilstein suspension
    Alpine cd player Genesis amp Jl sub
    Ipod ashtray mount

Audi A8 LWB 4.2 TDI
    19" 12 spoke alloys
    Walnut Trim
    Walnut steering wheel
    Silver Grey Platinum Leather interior
    Audio upgrade removed bose
    Audison bit one
    Morel speakers
    Genesis Amps

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cocain View Post
    I bought 2 blanking plates off ebay formy 52 plate 1.9 TDI 130 about £2 each. Did the Mr. Muscle turbo vane clean and removed the EGR pipe completely as it gets in the way and is a pain in the butt. Not sure why anyone needs to pay £50 for a kit.
    Will you fill me in on the Mr Muscle turbo clean?
    A4 B6 2.5 Q Saloon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12