bootlid light switch broken?

Reaction score
The light under the parcel shelf used to come on when I opened the boot.

It no longer does.

The bulb is fine, so I'm guessing the switch is gummed up / broken: Where is that switch?

Ta muchly!!

first thing first

open the boot and see if it shows on the dash or open it and lock the car if your indicators flash with the boot open its showing as still closed

mine did the same turned out to be a broken wire where it goes from the main body to the boot across the hinge its either that or the micro switch

check wires first its free

simple stuff, well explained!

car still locks properly with boot open... and there's no boot indicator flashing on the DIS any more (again, with boot open).

where's the wire / microswitch?

Open the boot and remove the inside trim on the boot lid remove left trim inside boot look on the left hinge and you will see a plastic cover the wires run inside this you can unclip the wire from the boot and body to give some slack remove the rubber groomet and work the wire through the rubber sleeve till you find the break

The micro switch is on the catch and needs to be removed to gain access I will put money on the wire though

I reckon my wire is dodgy as I get intermittent light failure but always shows open boot on DIS. I'll give this a try too thanks mate!!