cheap chip/remaP

trekbiker

Reaction score
anyone know of a cheap(£100) chip kit that can be self fitted for a 1.8t. I'm looking at trying one out to see what they're like rather than spending £500 on a remap for an £11k 70k B6 avant.

are they any good?
do they damage the engine or components at all?
where can i buy them(my mate thought he saw them on ebay but i cannot see!)

advice please peeps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

find a APR supplier near you as they do free 6 hour trials..

depending on which remap you go for it can depend on if it damages your engine etc..

i dont want to fork out about £500 though!!!

I was hoping to spend little as i'm not sure just how long i will keep the car

erm... which part of FREE did i not mention..

6 Hours FREE trial.. no obligation to buy

plug and play and then goes back to normal after 6 hours of the engine been on...

u'll break your car dude if you mess with 'ebay mods'

if it is an ECU chip you would need to be an extremely competent solderer to get it right, if you burn the ECU its 500+ quid to get a new one.

don't mod your car if your about to sell it i think it loses value with these engine extras.

[ QUOTE ]
erm... which part of FREE did i not mention..

6 Hours FREE trial.. no obligation to buy

plug and play and then goes back to normal after 6 hours of the engine been on...

[/ QUOTE ]

what i meant was to spend up to 200GBP and have one permaently, not just for a few hours mate!

DONT BE SHY GIVE IT A TRY!!!!!!!!!!

Or Get a Duel System which i will be purchasing to turn off for warrenty work!

[ QUOTE ]
anyone know of a cheap(£100) chip kit that can be self fitted for a 1.8t. I'm looking at trying one out to see what they're like rather than spending £500 on a remap for an £11k 70k B6 avant.

are they any good?
do they damage the engine or components at all?
where can i buy them(my mate thought he saw them on ebay but i cannot see!)

advice please peeps /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Just my two penneth ........... But surely you're not serious a "chip" for £100 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cry.gif
I would've thought a 70k 1.8t would need all the TLC you can give so a good custom Re-Map has to be the answer. Then the tuner can make sure everthing's A ok and not about to go BANG on the test drive. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif What do you expect for £100? I mean an hours labour in London is that and I'm sure £40-£50+ elsewhere.