S-line door blade fitting

DAZ1985

Reaction score
I bought these and painted them up, just removed the standard blades off the car and offered the new upto to door. Other than bodging it on I can't see how it would fit.

d7db982c.jpg

Am I missing something off the back of these?

Thanks in advance

well the oem one are a soild blade and you have two screws in them one each end as the ones you took off had. looking at the ones you have in pic id say they are going to need bonding on some how but you do not have much of an edge to put the bonding on so id think they will fall off easy. if it was me id pop to halfords grab some fiberglass/filler mix it up and fill the ends and hop a self tapping screw will hold or bond them to your old ones if you can. or try send them back to where ever you got them as there is no real way to fix them on.

I could actually trim the standard on the band saw then bond them to the standard ones be a better fit and more secure. I just thought I was missing something

if you feel ok doing that mate ;-) id still put some fiberglass in them to bit in the middle and the ends so you have more to bond to that way

So are they aftermarket door blades then? Where did you get them from?

Good luck with fitting them.

they look like a copy mate some one has just taken a moulding by the looks of it and not bothers to fill the insids see them on ebay all the time

You can buy the OEM door blades from SEAT yes SEAT as the S-Line Blades are found on the SEAT Exeo Sport, as many may know Seat parts are alot cheaper than Audi parts.

Ahh, good point. The new exeo is just a b6/7 hybrid almost isn't it?! Very tempted to look for the part number and price of the Seat variety. Thanks!

Their genuine, I've checked the part numbers on them

in your photo that is the from the back isnt it ?

so what ones you talking about being oem ones then mate

The ones that are just plain fitted to standard models

8E0 853 959 C
8E0 853 960 C
8E0 853 970 C
8E0 853 969 C

This is from the part numbers thread:

S-LINE DOOR BLADES:

• 8E0 853 959 C 7DL [n/s Front]
  • 8E0 853 960 C 7DL [o/s Front]
  • 8E0 853 969 C 7DL [o/s Rear]
  • 8E0 853 970 C 7DL [n/s Rear]
It's a long time since I've had mine off to know what the rears look like, are yours not solid then? I think there is one screw at the trailing edge of the door, once that is out the blades can slide backwards on some plastic lugs. Mine didn't look like yours I must say.

Their just hollow like in the picture, nothing like the ones on the car at the back with the screws

if they are hollow then they are not oem ones mate where did you get them from as id take them back and get my cash back

I think I know what has happened here, although the part numbers are correct, the blades are actually in 2 pieces, it looks like the frame that holds the outer section (which is what you have a photo of) to the door (with the slots that mate up with the lugs on the door along with the part that the screw goes into) are missing.

If someone sold you these as genuine I would be sending them back because the frame is normally bonded to the outer part, it can come loose in some places (which mine had) but I used a soldering iron to reseal them....

The only way to get around this is to somehow remove the frames from your old trims and then bond them into place, which isn't a job I would recommend.......

I've had them for a few weeks now just not had time to spray and fit them until now

Second hand off pistonheads but I was non the wiser fitting wise. Ahh well live and learn I'm sure I'll think of something. One of my current trims is knackered anyway so I might butcher that up see how it fits.

I have 3 genuine ones that haven't been butchered (driver's door missing), they will bolt straight on, PM me if you are interested.....

you just need to un-clip the outer part off your standard dr-blades and clip these s-line ones onto your standard mounting-brackets,, some-ones pulled those ones off with out the mounting brackets !!!!!!!

Fair price yeah, think I'll try salvage what I've got first as their painted up, bring the old blade in work see what I can do with it

That is the plan digger, just easier to do at work this week anyway

Well I've figured it out using the old blades, theirs metal inside just cut the front plastic type stuff off and the s-line bits drop straight in, just need tigerseal on the inside and their good to fit. Saved me buying another set anyway :)

It's not as easy as simply unclipping though, once you start the old blade is only suitable for the bin

Last edited:
The standard blades aren't clipped to the back like the s-line ones are, it's one complete thing that's bonded together. It looks a mess once you've started it. In a nut shell I've removed the original plastic front and replaced with the s-line but I've had to cut it off. I'll upload some pics when when I get home

how much did you pay
cos id be wanting a part refund

i can see someone been very upset missing there blades
they look like they have been pulled off

Tell me about it, since making this thread I thought that to be the case. However he did have other things for sale off cars which would be let's say "less easy to pinch"

nothing off a car is less easy to pinch