Wiper Blade Removal

mystic.bertie

Reaction score
well something i never thought i would have to ask given im quite mechanically competent, how do i remove my wiper blades off my B6 A4, i have stadard blades, i read a bit saying slide the cover over and remove the wiper blade, another said prize the cover to the side using a screw driver and pull the blade off, i got bosch specific wiper set 909 for this car and on the back it shows you pressing a button 'click' and then remove the blade.

so er , how can i remove the wiper blade without the use of a grinder lol

It's a while since I removed my standard blades, but from memory you pull that end cover off by pulling it straight off the end of the arm/blade knuckle - if it's been there a while I'm sure it will be quite tight...!

Once this is off then the blade should pull down and away from the arm.

thanks guys now i know what way it needs to go ill put some more effort into it, ill give it some wd40 and see if i can get it going with the screwdriver again, ill let you know how i get on. cheers guys

guys i dont know if there is different styles of fitment to these wiper blades, i tried to slide the cover as suggested and i broke one of plastic brackets that retain the blade, i discovered that the to remove the blade your supposed to press the long button on the top albeit hard for that to unclip the blade and then it just comes away, so this matches what it says on the back of the bosch wiper blades box. so i got one fitted and ill try and fit the other one and do a diy repair with some araldite to hold the blade in place. life is never easy lol