Ambient lighting - Done!

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Thank you to James for the how to again.
I got the kit off Stoke Audi's website.
Fitted it last night.

I also had some ambient lights from an Audi A6 that i found in a scrap yard so fitted them into the rear. Not as bright as the fronts but still abit of red glow.

75a8b298.jpg

:)

I still need to fit my rear ambient lights. Only got chance to fit the fronts.

As above, we need pics :)

They're not the easiest things to photograph in fairness!

As promised.
None of the rear. As i'm decided it's too dim and looks poo.
DSC_0229.jpg

DSC_0238.jpg

Last edited:
Who cares about ambient lighting...is that snow on the windscreen? :)

I love the glow from the ambient lights, makes the interior look ace!

What am i missing here..
Mine looks like that, is it not all A4's have the red lighting or have you put brighter bulbs all round?

all a4's dont have it

head unit is rns-e
you can pick them up from around £300 upwards
then the new led media button 1 is from around £430 up

Thank you to James for the how to again.
I got the kit off Stoke Audi's website.
Fitted it last night.

I also had some ambient lights from an Audi A6 that i found in a scrap yard so fitted them into the rear. Not as bright as the fronts but still abit of red glow.

Looks good. How much was all the kit? and do you have a link to the website?

TIA,

Alan

There's not a lot to them to be fair, I think VAgParts used to churn them out for about £8 back in the day.

Don't forget these are also controlled by the rheostat for the dsahboard lights, so if they look a bit dim you can turn them up.

There's not a lot to them to be fair, I think VAgParts used to churn them out for about £8 back in the day.

Don't forget these are also controlled by the rheostat for the dsahboard lights, so if they look a bit dim you can turn them up.

I know there's a "how to" but are they a straight forward fit?

Yes mate a doddle, clip the light out, snap the housing into the pre-determined location, route the wires and plug them in.

Has anyone got a photo as where these fit as I looked at mine and couldn't see where they would go.

Not great pics... I'me sure there's a DIY guide somewhere.

The LED unit clips in here

DSC00050.sized.jpg

This is the drill marks:

DSC00057.sized.jpg

After drilling:

DSC00059.sized.jpg

Fitted:

DSC00060.sized.jpg

I see I've posted a picture twice there, I'll sort it tomorrow when back on the PC.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

Awesome, thanks for that. Think i'll be ordering some of those. :)

I mite be been a bit thick here, but here goes with the amibent lighting on doesn't that mean that people in other cars can see you whilst driving @ nite? isn't it like driving with your interior light on?

Im tempted to do it but just not right keen on everybody staring @ me @ nite!!!!!

I mite be been a bit thick here, but here goes with the amibent lighting on doesn't that mean that people in other cars can see you whilst driving @ nite? isn't it like driving with your interior light on?

Im tempted to do it but just not right keen on everybody staring @ me @ nite!!!!!

Its not that bright.
You thinking of truckers? :)

Its very subtle and you can just about see it when you're in the car.

This is mine with my hand
IMAG0824.jpg

With out my hand
IMAG0823.jpg

Not bright enough at all.

Yeah, as Scott says it's really not very bright. In an area with good street lights you'll probably struggle to even see it. Out in the country lanes though it just gives a really nice red glow to the cockpit. :)

I found my second set today which I got a year ago, for the rear light cluster, which I plan on fitting over christmas sometime.

Seriously mate you'll be fine!

I had the fronts,car has the light pack fitted.
I fitted the rears and not one passenger in the rear has commented on them.....

No one comments on my spacers or black calipers either :beee:

But I still turn around and look at the car EVERY time I walk away from it :o.k: