Audi warranty

spiker

trying to growl less these days
Reaction score
Hi all,

My audi warranty just run out. I've got 2002 A4 avant tdi (130), and was considering extending warranty. I've had a quote from RAC, around £270. Is it worth it? can anyone recommend another reliable company? Do audi extend warranties?

Cheers

Audi do extend warranties, and it is a good service if you also pay for Audi Assist, but you'll be looking closer to £800 with Audi.

It's an insurance policy, like anything, you need to assess the risk and decide if it's worth it.

I am in 2 minds about the Audi Warranty. The car is now 5 years old and I am not going to extend it this year, just wear whatever bills are thrown my way, however...

Last year, whilst the car was still under extended warranty, the gearbox seized on the motorway causing alot of vibration through the car as it locked the front wheels. 2 weeks later, a new gearbox and exhaust (as this was broken with the sudden shift) and the use of a hire car for 14 days and 2000 miles and I never saw a single bill. Just picked my car back up cleand and shiney.

So, your gamble, it is afterall, insurance.

Kev.

£800 is a bit scarey though. Audi obviously don't have much faith in their cars!

Mind you, VW were just as bad. I looked at extending the warranty on our Bora V5 but they wanted something like £600 for a year. I went with Warranty Direct for around £230 - doesn't include any roadside assistance though.

Thanks for the advice, I might go for the RAC warranty, I've since heard they don't hold any hassle if problems occur.

Having read the forum, although there are not too many faults occuring, I have noticed that most garage bills have been a lot more than £270!!!

I would only take out the manufacturers warranty, the others are not worth a thing.
Audi take the urine though, an extra year on a 530i 5 series is just over £400, and the same for an audi is more than double.

However at the moment Audi warranties have not been approved, so they can't actually sell you one, if you ring Audi UK and say you want to take one out when they become available again they have to cover your car in the mean time. So well worth doing as you have free cover, you may change your mind by the time they get it all sorted.

Porsche are much worse!. My new boxster had only 2 years warranty (like all UK Porsches) and they wanted £800 per year starting in year 3...