Pre cat and cat/dpf removal 2.5tdi

DAZ1985

Reaction score
I know it's been covered many times before but just want to clear up a few questions?

Is it just a case of removing the innards and refit?

Will it show any error on vagcom once removed?

Was thinking of welding in a few pipes to join them up rather than just knock the inside of them out, then their always their if ever needed one day?

I have been told that it is best to have new pipework fitted but keep the sensors in place on the new pipework. I'm going to have this done before xmas on my 2.5tdi.

It'll be a few weeks till I'm on the right shift to do it. The pre cat looks like the hardest bit to do.

If you could post feedback when you've done yours regards the pre cat side of it that would be good

Yeah I will do buddy. Im deciding whether to get a whole Stainless Steel system built or just replace the 3 cats!

No gains in the stainless over standard I wouldnt have thought

I'm thinking the cheaper option is best for me and maybe have tips put on the standard boxes at the rear

Just take the darn things off and knok the innards with a rod trough, they are passive on the v6 tdi engines so wont bring any emission lights on dash ! It will help with spooling the laggy garrett turbo sooner which you will love and if you remove the back box it will make such a nice noise you'll wont believe it's a diesel !

Taking them off and knocking out is not within my skill set and prefer just to remove the existing pipes completely in my case. The noise would be good I guess but not really something I want in my day to day vehicle, it gets annoying after a while. Each to their own!

So basically one middle box, no back boxes and the 3 cats removed?

Is that what video on YouTube has got done on the b5? If you know the link I mean?