Pulling left and right, any ideas?

scottshere

Reaction score
Just looking for some ideas as to why it would be pulling left and right

When i accelerate it pulls right
When i let off it pulls back left

The left wheel does seem to be the one that spins easy too, not sure if this has anything to do with it

Going to get it checked at a garage, just need an idea before i go

Check the easy things first .. Like tyres pressures , do both front wheels have the same tread pattern, then it's onto wheel alignment and checking suspension components...
Hth M

If you are saying that the left wheel spins easily but the right doesnt that one may have a caliper which is sticking and the brakes stuck on so it would pull to the right.Easy way to check is to carefully feel if the right wheel is getting hot and the left not so

Thanks guys. Tread pattern is the same and pressure is the same too. I do need some new brakes, so try that and see how it goes.
Have also been told it could be wishbone bushes

If you do the brakes you will find out if the pistons are moving freely and if the r/h pads are more worn

tracking fella this can also have an impact

Getting 4 wheel tracked after i have the new disks and pads fitted. It does seem a bit jumpy to on the backend when going over pot holes/bumps

I had this once when I bought a set of alloys which I found out after had the wrong offset. Really messed up the steering

you would no it if they was bent mate id say tracking too also dont no how long you have ownd the car but i changed my wheels from 205/55/16 to 235/45/17 and it took a few weeks for me to get used to them being that bit wider car was grabing every paert of the road it could so any small dip in the rd the car would pull over that way if that makes seens

worn track rod end ? I'd guess the lhs. Under acceleration the wheel toes in. Lift off the wheel toes out. Had exactly the same thing recently on a Renault van.

mine seems to have a little play in the steering rack only on the n/s and sometimes i get a very similar affect of what you describe m8 just jack the front up one side at a time and give them a shake mines only slight but very noticeable its there

Cheers all

going to have a butchers at it on my day off next week.
(tonight i just clipped some metal posts that were protecting a lamp post in a car park - Sooooo gutted, marked the fin on passenger door. Why do they have them sticking so far out!)

Simon.M i agree with you mate on the 235's thats what ive got does take some getting used to feels like cars taking over lol ive gota do track rod end today also i suppose its the price we pay for wide wheels lol

Just had new disks and pads all round (last monday)
Seems to be better, but not really taken it for a run on a decent road yet (one that hasnt been dug up 10,000 times)

Trip to birmingham tomorrow, so will see then...

your kinda heading in same direction as ill be on fri then im heading of to walsall west mids, thats unless the snow falls faster than it is allready and messing up my plans

was mine up untill 5 yrs ago now live in lincolnshire lol jus means regular drives bk to mids to see fam n friends lol

Update: Still the same... :keule:

So changing the disks and pads has not fixed it, next is new tyres and then the tracking
Mechanic says he cannot see any problems when he changed the disks

I do have a slight vibration or maybe miss fire at 1500 to 2000 rpm
Also at 75/80 mph if i accelerate hard

Clutch is getting ready for changing, so could be dual mass, could be engine mount
Got a bit of an oil leak around the EGR and believe it to be the crank case breather
Temp never gets about 70 ish and have changed the sensor, so thermostat as soon as i get the chance

I guess its going to be a bit of trial and error on each thing and keep chipping away at them till its all sorted

Ive got a bit of a long road ahead... :whistle2:

mine discovered a vibration on hard acceleration since remap but new DMF has cured it now.....