Odd electrical problem

AudiLeon

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Had this for a while now. So I'll tell you the story of the the little A4 which won't flash.

When I got my A4, the dash works fine when you do a left indicator. The arros flashes fine on full clicked indicator and on lane change.
Right turn wouldn't work when you press it down, but it would if you did a lane change. Now no right works, lane change of full pressed down.
Hazard lights work fine.
Externally all lights work fine.
The bulbs are all fine.
LED in the dash is shown to work by the hazard light switch.

No faults showing on instruments either.

Are you saying that when you indicate right the bulb flashes, but the dashboard repeater doesn't?

Are you saying that when you indicate right the bulb flashes, but the dashboard repeater doesn't?
Much better way fo putting it! lol

I've tried new stalks, new steering control unit (the one you change for cruise and dis) and a new hazard switch.

Already done Scott, no faults showing under instruments.

has anyone had the instrument cluster out at some point might be worth checking the two block connectors on the back are locked into place and haven't just been pushed on making a weak connection...

Its been out a few times. It'd certainly been out before I bought it as the garage had put black silicon over the ESP light to cover up the fact their was a fault in the system.
I've wiggled the wires and had a good play before with no luck. Hmmm it's just odd it works with hazards and not with indicators.

as said before had very similar fault on my cupra m8 they have similar common fault that the dust gets in the contacts of the indicator stalk a tin of contact cleaner £3 solves the issue with the cupra's so it way be worth a go at that first for £3 just take top plastic cowl of and cane loads in through the side hole and leave for ten mins to dry

Its been out a few times. It'd certainly been out before I bought it as the garage had put black silicon over the ESP light to cover up the fact their was a fault in the system.
I've wiggled the wires and had a good play before with no luck. Hmmm it's just odd it works with hazards and not with indicators.

if they've put tape over the ESP LED,, they would have had to undo the four white connectors on the main board,,to get to it, have they been connected back properly or as anything in that area been disturbed, because it sounds like you've eliminated everything else...

if they've put tape over the ESP LED,, they would have had to undo the four white connectors on the main board,,to get to it, have they been connected back properly or as anything in that area been disturbed, because it sounds like you've eliminated everything else...
I've had it back in bits to remove the silicone. So i would think i've fixed the possible issue of the connectors. I might take it in bits again and see if a wires been damaged.

as said before had very similar fault on my cupra m8 they have similar common fault that the dust gets in the contacts of the indicator stalk a tin of contact cleaner £3 solves the issue with the cupra's so it way be worth a go at that first for £3 just take top plastic cowl of and cane loads in through the side hole and leave for ten mins to dry
I'm on my 3rd set of indicators now bud.