EM TuningAH Fabrications
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,780

    Odd electrical problem

    Had this for a while now. So I'll tell you the story of the the little A4 which won't flash.

    When I got my A4, the dash works fine when you do a left indicator. The arros flashes fine on full clicked indicator and on lane change.
    Right turn wouldn't work when you press it down, but it would if you did a lane change. Now no right works, lane change of full pressed down.
    Hazard lights work fine.
    Externally all lights work fine.
    The bulbs are all fine.
    LED in the dash is shown to work by the hazard light switch.

    No faults showing on instruments either.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    quattrojames's Avatar
    Moderator

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    13,856

    My Social Networking

    Follow quattrojames On Twitter Add quattrojames on Facebook
    Are you saying that when you indicate right the bulb flashes, but the dashboard repeater doesn't?
    Ingolstance Read about my A6 HERE.

  4. #3
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,780
    Quote Originally Posted by quattrojames View Post
    Are you saying that when you indicate right the bulb flashes, but the dashboard repeater doesn't?
    Much better way fo putting it! lol

    I've tried new stalks, new steering control unit (the one you change for cruise and dis) and a new hazard switch.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

  5. #4
    scott b's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Warrington, Warrington, United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,254
    have it plugged in to vagcom see if it throws any faults up

  6. #5
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,780
    Already done Scott, no faults showing under instruments.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

  7. #6
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sutton coldfield
    Posts
    440
    has anyone had the instrument cluster out at some point might be worth checking the two block connectors on the back are locked into place and haven't just been pushed on making a weak connection...

  8. #7
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,780
    Its been out a few times. It'd certainly been out before I bought it as the garage had put black silicon over the ESP light to cover up the fact their was a fault in the system.
    I've wiggled the wires and had a good play before with no luck. Hmmm it's just odd it works with hazards and not with indicators.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

  9. #8
    marktdisport's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    mids
    Posts
    1,193
    as said before had very similar fault on my cupra m8 they have similar common fault that the dust gets in the contacts of the indicator stalk a tin of contact cleaner £3 solves the issue with the cupra's so it way be worth a go at that first for £3 just take top plastic cowl of and cane loads in through the side hole and leave for ten mins to dry
    A4 TDI 130 SPORT..
    now sold but still in the family, gone back in time to the cupra R again..

  10. #9
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    sutton coldfield
    Posts
    440
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackQuat View Post
    Its been out a few times. It'd certainly been out before I bought it as the garage had put black silicon over the ESP light to cover up the fact their was a fault in the system.
    I've wiggled the wires and had a good play before with no luck. Hmmm it's just odd it works with hazards and not with indicators.
    if they've put tape over the ESP LED,, they would have had to undo the four white connectors on the main board,,to get to it, have they been connected back properly or as anything in that area been disturbed, because it sounds like you've eliminated everything else...

  11. #10
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lancaster
    Posts
    1,780
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1 View Post
    if they've put tape over the ESP LED,, they would have had to undo the four white connectors on the main board,,to get to it, have they been connected back properly or as anything in that area been disturbed, because it sounds like you've eliminated everything else...
    I've had it back in bits to remove the silicone. So i would think i've fixed the possible issue of the connectors. I might take it in bits again and see if a wires been damaged.

    Quote Originally Posted by marktdisport View Post
    as said before had very similar fault on my cupra m8 they have similar common fault that the dust gets in the contacts of the indicator stalk a tin of contact cleaner £3 solves the issue with the cupra's so it way be worth a go at that first for £3 just take top plastic cowl of and cane loads in through the side hole and leave for ten mins to dry
    I'm on my 3rd set of indicators now bud.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. 03 s4 electrical problem
    By TURBOTRONICS in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 3rd November 2011, 14:05
  2. Electrical problem
    By 20vtmk3 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th January 2011, 23:46
  3. electrical problem please help
    By jay1601 in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 27th August 2010, 20:41
  4. Electrical problem A3
    By neverfear in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 3rd January 2010, 16:12
  5. Electrical problem!!
    By little_lockyer in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th October 2009, 13:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO