Acoustic Parking Sensors

s8craig

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.tclsatnav.com
Hi Everybody, I was wondering if theres any way of turning off the front parking sensors on the A4, the manual says there should be a button on the centre console, but alas not that simple, only had the car 1 day and already it's driving me mad, don't get me wrong good idea, just wish i could turn it off until i need it, please help thanx /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

There's one button on the dash near the ESP button. It controls both the rear and the front sensors. If you push the button whilst driving slowly it actually switches the front sensors on. If you push it once you've engaged reverse then it turns both sensors off. Logical is'nt it!

No button there! That's how a dash with no sensors or just rear sensors looks. Need to ask the dealer I guess...sorry.

Found it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif Looks like it was retrofitted they put the switch in the top of storage compartment, so you couldn't see it till you got down in the footwell, thanks again guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Is that the compartment where you are meant to keep your service book? (I won't as the book contains my address!)

Anything else down there whilst you were looking?

Shame its an auto, unless its a manual and the clutch pedal is a button on the dash!