A few questions

madmiketyson

Reaction score
Hi all. I have a few questions about my A4. Its a cabriolet, 3.0 Quattro 2004 plate.

I have been toying with the idea of converting it to run on LPG. I had a quote from a reputable firm for £1600 which didn't sound too bad...Estimated I would make the money back within 18 months. However, friends have told me that cars with bigger engines sometimes are not a good candidate and that I am running the risk of the car not running within a few weeks......I also heard that it lessens the general lifespan of your car...It wouldn't do so many miles before it was ready for the scrapyard in other words!
Has anybody converted a similar car or has any general knowledge on LPG conversions that could help me decide if this is something worth doing?

Also wondering about the heated seats. The driver side heated seat appears to be broken...It still turns on but has burnt a small hole in the leather! It has been noticeably hotter on the side where the hole has appeared for a while...Even on a low setting, it was uncomfortable to sit on.
Is this cheap to fix? Would I just need a new pipe or a whole new piping system or a whole new seat? I don't have much clue about how the heated seat works I'm afraid......Again, any advice would be great!

I am after an Iphone adaptor for my music system too. Searching on google, it appears it isn't the easiest thing to do. I have the Audi Navigation Plus MMI system in the car and basically I just want to be able to listen to music through my iphone as cheaply as possible.....It seems various adaptors are aimed at different models so I just want the right one! Can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for any replies, I'll check back later!

Welcome to the forum :)

I can't help greatly..... But aren't there some specific forums for LPG conversions? I'm sure there must be loads on the web, its not something I know anything about, but I've never heard of it drastically reducing engine life or no one would do it! I believe there are certain restrictions on it, as you need to start and finish a journey of petrol I think?

Been a few threads on heated seats of late I don't know if they're any help? I don't think its very easy to change the element within a seat, have a look on VAGcat or try and pick up a copy of ETKA (£5 off ebay) and see if you can find a breakdown diagram of a heated seat and see if you can locate the source of the localised heat problem.

No idea re iphone, sorry.