AH FabricationsChris Nott
    Neutral

Status

Power Steering Fluid - what do i need?

due to recent work on my car i need to replace most of my power steering fluid, i read i need a particular fluid from the dealers but can the same spec be bought from a motor factors? Its just i need to get my car on the road and i cant get to a dealers very easily but im going to get some service stuff tomorrow.

i have searched the net and looked in the elsawin e-manuals and my owners manual but they dont seem to tell you exactly what spec of oil i need.

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Neutral

Status
    thanks matey, i can only hope the factors im going to tomorrow has the green stuff in stock, i dont have the time to wait on a delivery either.

6th Gear

Status
    The febi is red. You need Green and it has to be mineral doesn't it? I'm 99% sure the vw stuff is synthetic.
    I used this. VW/AUDI MINERAL-BASED GREEN POWER STEERING FLUID | eBay
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackQuat View Post
    The febi is red. You need Green and it has to be mineral doesn't it? I'm 99% sure the vw stuff is synthetic.
    I used this. VW/AUDI MINERAL-BASED GREEN POWER STEERING FLUID | eBay
    i just noticed that the lid and reservoir for the power steering fluid states the spec of oil needed its VW/Audi G 002 000 which this stuff i bought today is. The writing on the reservoir also says it should be mineral oil, the comma stuff i got today is synthetic.

will the fact is mineral or synthetic make any difference?

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mystic.bertie View Post
    i just noticed that the lid and reservoir for the power steering fluid states the spec of oil needed its VW/Audi G 002 000 which this stuff i bought today is. The writing on the reservoir also says it should be mineral oil, the comma stuff i got today is synthetic.

will the fact is mineral or synthetic make any difference?
    The synthetic red Comma oil will damage the oil seals on the rack, and replacing it will cost a fortune.
    Only use the green mineral VW/Audi G002 000 oil.
    Very important.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeh126 View Post
    The synthetic red Comma oil will damage the oil seals on the rack, and replacing it will cost a fortune.
    Only use the green mineral VW/Audi G002 000 oil.
    Very important.
    the comma oil is green and yo G002000 spec, the only difference is that its synthetic and not mineral. I have used this to fill the power steering fluid level, as i need to get my car going, ill get the green mineral stuff from audi asap and flush the old oli and the comma oil out. The old oil in the system is brown, i dont know if someone has used the wrong stuff or is the green stuff has gone dirty. Its gonna be a pain flushing the power steering but it must be done.

6th Gear

Status
    I was wondering the same thing about if you can use synthetic or not. I chose not to test it. But I had a problem with my car, one day the powersteering just completely stopped working.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

Neutral

Status
    well i did not take the chance so i flushed out the synthetic oil and used the genuine audi green hydraulic oil. it was yet another PITA job lol