AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Numerous electrical faults after battery disconnected

Hi, my sons B6 S4 just returned from accident repair centre with numerous electrical faults.
    Engine is running rough,oil warning light on. rev counter and speedo not working,indicator repeater u/s
    all dash lights not working,radio not working,key fobs also not working.Car had slight dent to be repaired.
    If welding used to pull out dent, would an electrical spike cause all these faults or is it possible they were caused by battery being
    disconnected for an extended period?
    Repair company sending car to Audi to diagnose.
    Many thanks
    bigals89

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    id take it back to the place that did the work on it if it was ok before they got it its falls at there door and is some thing they did

3rd Gear

Status
    I took my last car to a local repair shop for a door paint job. They left the lights on and flatened the battery, jump started it and fried one of the computers causing all kinds of things to stop working. They refused any liability and I got stuck with a £300 bill.......even though there were obvious scratch marks on the battery terminals and also the trapped the dood wiring inside one of the door fittings and knceked that too.... cowboys.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Reverse Gear

Status
    They said they did not know how to rectify faults hence that is why they are sending the car to Audi.Nationwide repair centre also said that they would not be liable to any costs.Incredible as none of the faults were there when they picked the car up!

6th Gear

Status
    maybe woth getting in touch with the trading standers to find out where you stand. are they paying for it to be looked at ?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Simon.Repair company say that my son is liable for any costs.Have spoken to Consumer direct and they agree that there is a case to answer.Also spoke to insurance company who use Nationwide repair company but have not had definitive reply yet as if they will cover costs.
    Does anyone know what is involved in clearing all these faults-does it just of resetting computers with Vagcom?What sort of cost is involved?
    Thanks.

Reverse Gear

Status
    maybe worth getting in touch with consumer direct also-they may be able to advise you.You are right about Cowboys, I certainly would be careful who I got to do any repairs done in future.

6th Gear

Status
    as soon as you get some one like consumer direct involved or trading staderds the garege that did the work should hold there hands up. i cant see just clearing the codes will do any thing if you ask me they have fryed the comfert control computer so will need a new one but thats just me thinking worst case