Cracked Windscreen

Ham6506

Reaction score
Just picked up my S-line Cab. Only had it a week and already there is a big crack in the winscreen.

Any idea how much that's going to cost me?

Use your car insurance. Then normally it's just £50 and it normally has no effect on your NCD.

Check your policy first though!!

Actually before you do....

Check carefully for a stone chip along the crack. If there isn't one you could see if Audi will replace it as a stress fracture.

It's all well and good getting it done under your insurance, but all they do is chuck in some crappy after market glass, and this doesnt have the Audi rings on the screen and no longer matches the rest of the glass, so you can see its been changed.

Not really a big deal unless your anal like me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

See if they will replace it with Audi glass

I'm with Direct Line and I took mine into Audi to have it done. I'm pretty sure they get autoglass or someone in to do fitment, but it has got the audi logo on. Direct line re-imbursed me minus the £50 excess

I had a lot of grief getting Audi badged glass in my TT. They reckoned it was three times the price but also claimed it was identicle. I'd read things about softer easier chipping glass so I insisted and eventually Autoglass and my insurers gave in.

I had the glass replaced on my A3 (8P), they had only been out here for a few weeks. I phoned the insurer (Direct Line) who instructed AutoGlass, it was an OEM windscreen but took 3 days to source due to the car being new to the country.

I prefered the wait to get an OEM screen though.

Kev.

I had the same issue of not wanting any old rubbish windscreen fitted after a stone chip and crack. I was going to claim back the cost from my insurers as agreed.

However, the OEM Audi screen fitted is not green tinted. Audi claim that the original is not made anymore. does anyone know if the laws or the available screens have changed ??

I now have a non tinted windscreen and green tinted windows. What they have fitted is a non tinted screen they claim is the standard for the 2005 car.

Car 2001 Y 1.8t SE

Thanks

Tony