Changed Stop light bulbs for LED's

• Thread starter imported_ChristianF
  • Start date
I

imported_ChristianF

I have just changed my stop/tail lights for red high intensity LED's and although I had to modify the bulb slightly to work, (LED's are directional and the stop/tail bulb faces the wrong way) they look fantastic, come on instantly and are about 100% redder than the bulbs they replaced.

try em, you'll love em!

(will post pics if anyone's interested)

[ QUOTE ]
I have just changed my stop/tail lights for red high intensity LED's and although I had to modify the bulb slightly to work, (LED's are directional and the stop/tail bulb faces the wrong way) they look fantastic, come on instantly and are about 100% redder than the bulbs they replaced.
try em, you'll love em!

[/ QUOTE ]

Got some for my Avant . On the Avant the bulb comes straight out so you wont need to modify the bulb. But I've got full DIS and the "bulb out" warning came straight on and the bulb just flashed /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ........... Stuck 'em in the Mrs Clio /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Ya, you need to add an inline resistor to clear the telltale in the cluster. The problem with that is that the resistor will become a heat disipator and could cause wires around it to melt.

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, you need to add an inline resistor to clear the telltale in the cluster. The problem with that is that the resistor will become a heat disipator and could cause wires around it to melt.

[/ QUOTE ]

And needs to be the size of a house brick too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif That's why I didn't bother mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif