B6 & B7 front windscreens

Well my windscreen has a large outer skin hole in it from a high speed impacts, whilst the car was parked, Iv found a GEN Audi screen on-line for a great price, but its for a B7, iv asked them if it fits a B6 but they say its not listed for a B6, yes i could just roll into Auto Glass and hand over £75 and have them fit a bit of glass but it wont be Audi OEM glass, but the price of the part on-line for a OEM glass and the price of getting it fitted is almost the same, maybe £30 more to go get it and have it fitted, but that's the price of wanting OEM rather than non,

As far as I know, the only difference is that the B6 screen has a tinted band at the top, and the B7 screen does not.

I could be wrong though; I have been before.

I recently bought B7 aero wiper arms+blades and asked if they would definitely fit,, at an audi breakers they said yes same shell same screen..

Hi im a windscreen fitter and yes there are the same and to be honest there isn't any difference between a screen the has an audi badge on it and one that hasn't, they both come from the same place it just audi pay to have there badge printed onto it so they can charge more at the dealership, but if the prices work out the same then go for the audi one and if it has a top tint on it then thats a bonus, i do a top tint screen for around £120+vat in my area just so you can compare prices

make sure it has the correct mirror mount on it, theres a standard one and one for the rain sensor autodim mirror