A4 CD Changer - Glove Box

I

imported_Coullio

I am looking at the CD Changers on ebay for my Audi A4. Do you need to have a certain type of glove box. My glove box has the compartments at the top for the Changer, so will it fit?? I checked and there are holes there for cables. So any help would be grateful

To fit the changer properly you'll need the glove box that was made for the changer, as the changer locks into the cutout in the top.
Audi didn't fit the lead for the glovebox mounted changer except if the changer was factory fit, sorry.
HTH

[ QUOTE ]
To fit the changer properly you'll need the glove box that was made for the changer, as the changer locks into the cutout in the top.
Audi didn't fit the lead for the glovebox mounted changer except if the changer was factory fit, sorry.
HTH

[/ QUOTE ]

My glove box has the cutout at the top, it actually has two. Does anyone have a photo of a glove box with the CD fitted so I can compare. I was told by the Audi Dealer that there is no need to change the glove box, but now I am unsure.

I have decided to buy myself a iPod as I know it will fit in the glove box.

I hated my ipod, the track names are too big for the display, complete pain in the ****, and there is an annoying gap between mixes on dance cds.

Oh and they sound like /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif! However there is someone who has converted them to give a digital out, I will find the link.

my Ipod sounds awesome!!?!

I've used the Dension Icelink and cradle to connect it up. As it's not using the headphone jack or an FM signal to transmit it has perfect lineout quality. I now have over 3000 tunes to pick, and my Ipod is only half full. Trouble is I don't know which tune to listen to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Total cost:
20Gb Ipod: £200
Dension Icelink (inc cradle): £99
Proclip (cradle mount): £15

So all in much much better value than an autochanger, and a damn sight more usefull! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif

Sorry, didn't mean to offend anyone. Yeah I had the dension Icelink as well, but I just think the ipod sounds terrible, problem is I have Bose in my car, and both the ipod and the Bose are too harsh sounding.

If I get round to changing the sound system I may try the ipod again. But I have the SD cards in the Nav+ and the sound improvement over the ipod is in a different league.

[ QUOTE ]
I must say that I had a courtesy A4 with Bose in it for a day and I thought that the standard symphony in my A4 sounded mush nicer and more mellow... No doubt some expert will define me as a complete numpty...

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, the B6 standard setup with sub under rear shelf and a concert CD player is a killer combo and It is one of the best standard fit stereos I have ever heard, loads of base, nice trebble I would like more trebble for people in the back though.

If you didnt have to buy the glovebox, it would be a great cheap upgrade certainly still not the £400 odd quid it costs to add it from the factory.

Right, I've picked up a cd changer, and have ordered the glovebox and cable from Audi. I have a bluetooth car kit fitted at the moment that mutes the stereo when a call comes in, and am now concerned that the cable from the changer to the head unit will interfere with this. Also, how do I swap the lock over from my glovebox to the new glovebox?

the lead will not interfere. Its a different connector usually
You will need to plug the free pins on the lead into the vacant holes on the connector but read it carefully since you really only have one chance at shoving the pins in!...

The connector going vertically is the one with the mute connection, and the one at the bottom horizontally contains the connection for the cd.

concert2.jpg

concert1.jpg

Do I need to disconnect the power from the radio unit, coz I haven't got the code and don't feel like a trip to the dealer for it?