Cold air on drivers side only....

jbcalvin

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have a weird one for you, earlier this year I fitted a B7 climate control unit and about 8 weeks ago I started getting cold air only on the drivers side of the car, it was diagnosed as a heater flap motor and last weekend I managed to find a B7 in a local breakers and removed ALL of the heater flap motors and fitted them to my car.

My independent then coded and adapted all the motors, but I am still getting ice cold air through the drivers side of the car......

Could this be anything else? control unit/temp sensors anywhere? Could I have fitted the levers incorrectly to the motor??

Cheers in advance

Steve

Did you set the flap positions and power up the motors before connecting the links ? Flap could be misaligned.

Well, if you've changed all the flap motors, and the original problem persists, then my logic would say that the climate control unit is the likely culprit?

How was the flap motor fault diagnosed?

All the flaps are controlled by the CCU as far as I know, so that's where I'd be looking.

Cheers guys,

Motor was diagnosed by my independent (ex audi master tech) who has full diagnostics available, in terms of setting up, I replaced the motors, connected the levers and then all the adaptation was done by my independent, so I would imagine that the flap positions were set correctly...

No faults showing with CCU, so that's why I was wondering if there was maybe a temp sensor for each side of the car and that is what has gone faulty....

I'll be peeved if it's the CCU though, it came out of a B7 with 40K on the clock 6 months ago.......

Climate units pop up on eBay all the time, I got one listed myself at the moment,

It's not low gas, had a full aircon service done this year, no leaks and also replaced the high pressure switch at the same time as this was flagged up.....

I think I'll remove the drivers side flap motor and make sure the levers are in the right position tomorrow, and also try refitting my old CCU unit which I still have and see what happens.....

typical.....

took out ccu that I fitted 6 months ago from a 40k B7 model and fitted my old 100k B6 unit and now everything works perfectly.......

Now need to find another B7 unit as I did the wiring harness upgrade with a relay in place to make sure heated screen works......

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr