Windows Open in Morning

Dibs_h

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
This morning, I went out to the car and both front windows were down about an inch or 2. Car was locked and nothing amiss.

Had a quick Google and search around the forums and it seems to be pointing towards having inadvertently pressed the unlock button a few seconds, which lowers the windows. Probably whilst fob and bunch of keys were in my pocket.

Tested the fob and "windows down with remote" is on. Will be removing that tonight with VCDS.

Just as a long shot - does anyone know if something similar would happen with the car battery was on it's way out? It was cold last night and I've had the cold weather help a weak battery die, before.

Cheers

Dibs

p.s. It's a '53 B6 130 Avant.

Last edited:
I think its only the fob and its safest to remove if its happened.But car shoulld not have unlocked or locked itself if door had not been opened

like he said car was locked
so if he pressed button by mistake in pocket it would lower windows and relock its self

I'm sure thats what happened, I've done it once and panicked a bit when I discovered it! Touch wood, it's not happened since.

Seeing as my fob works from around 3 miles away. I thought it was a good idea to disable them going down with vagcom.

Thanks for the replies chaps. I haven't programmed it out this evening - just making sure the fob can't accidentally get pressed and ifall is well overnight - will program it put tomorrow.

Cheers

Dibs

My thought was if the car will self lock if the door not opened why does it not shut the windows too?