2.5 tdi non longlife oil service

DAZ1985

Reaction score
After ready about longlife oils and my own personal beliefs in longlife oils I've desided I'm going to get it changed so I know it's been done

What oil do you use? Genuine filter is on the list and is their a way on changing the dis service counter to a non longlife interval?

Thanks in advance

I'll be doing this one myself you see and was trying to avoid putting in longlife, but I see your reasoning their, still get the stamp and the oil still gets changed on a 12month basis

i do mine every 8-10k and use castrol edge 5w-40 with a genuine filter. cams are fine still at 133k
Me too .Never bothered about dealer stamps my previous 2.5tdi Quattro just sold without a murmur on my own assurance for servicing disc and pad replacements for the last 2 years +

What's the capacity of the 2.5? 4.5 or 5.5

Cheapest places to find some?

Thanks for replies too

Asda do the Castrol for £35 but thats for 4 ltrs and you will need about 5.I find you need to have the car dead level to fill cos the stick is so difficult to read

You must ONLY use the correctly specified VW approved LongLife oil.* A "generic" longlife, or a GM or BMW approved longlife oil is NOT acceptable.* If you do top up inbetween services with a non-VW LongLife oil, the oil quality sensor will notice this, and the car will develop a noticeable reduction in the service due computer.

This is the part that I'm curious about, I'm not certain that it was previously serviced with the correct oil, if I change it for my own piece of mind then I know it's right

Time and Distance Servicing Regime - conventional fixed servicing intervals
These are the more "relaxed" operating requirements for Time & Distance regime:
Mileage:* less than 10,000* miles per year.
Type of Journey:* Mainly city/town centre driving.* Short journeys.
Conditions:* Frequent cold starts.* High engine loading - eg, frequent hill climbs, vehicle fully loaded, towing.
Driving style:* Uneconomical - eg, heavy acceleration, heavy braking, constant changes in speed, constant use of high revs, 'sporty' driving.

Is what area I fall into with car usage, I don't clock up many miles over the year, work is local and I do car share. I will be towing also

However, please DO continue to use the higher quality LongLife oil, and not the lesser quality Time and Distance oils.* If your engine or car is highly modified, or if you are a particularly 'enthusiastic' driver*

As you said, long life on a time and distance regime

5.3 litres is the amount. its not cheap im afraid. ebay can be your friend i picked up 9 litres for 50quid (bargain) but even a 1 litre top up at halfords etc is 15quid.

I use longlife but do it yearly. Probably every 7k.

Yep - I do exactly the same - and do about 7.5k a year mileage.
I use Quantum 3 Longlife oil 5w/30 - I bought 5 litres on the Bay for £28 delivered last June.
It's about £38 for the same from Lincoln Audi. :wtf:

Thats sorted then, cheers for the advice

I did a naughty change of oil mid year actually. But didn't do the filter. To hell I go!

I did a naughty change of oil mid year actually. But didn't do the filter. To hell I go!
So did I cos I guessed most of the oil in the filter drains back and an oil change is something I do when in the mood and I didnt have a filter handy