Chris NottBadger5
    1st Gear

Status

2.5 tdi non longlife oil service

After ready about longlife oils and my own personal beliefs in longlife oils I've desided I'm going to get it changed so I know it's been done

What oil do you use? Genuine filter is on the list and is their a way on changing the dis service counter to a non longlife interval?

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    ADS

Bro.Paul 2.5TDI Quattro Sport

Status
    Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    I ask for the 2 year service at Audi every year with the long life oils, But i tend to take the car in every year in FEB to have an oil service ahead of time as i want my 4 new cams to be loved as much as they can be,

1st Gear

Status
    I'll be doing this one myself you see and was trying to avoid putting in longlife, but I see your reasoning their, still get the stamp and the oil still gets changed on a 12month basis

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    i do mine every 8-10k and use castrol edge 5w-40 with a genuine filter. cams are fine still at 133k
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by swarcup View Post
    i do mine every 8-10k and use castrol edge 5w-40 with a genuine filter. cams are fine still at 133k
    Me too .Never bothered about dealer stamps my previous 2.5tdi Quattro just sold without a murmur on my own assurance for servicing disc and pad replacements for the last 2 years +

1st Gear

Status
    What's the capacity of the 2.5? 4.5 or 5.5

Cheapest places to find some?

Thanks for replies too

4th Gear

Status
    Asda do the Castrol for £35 but thats for 4 ltrs and you will need about 5.I find you need to have the car dead level to fill cos the stick is so difficult to read

Reverse Gear

Status
    Why not just put in Long Life III and have the service interval set to fixed?

5L's of Long Life III goes for < £35.

I found the following to be really useful for info - servicing regimes: LongLife (variable intervals) vs Time & Distance (fixed int.)

Dibs

1st Gear

Status
    You must ONLY use the correctly specified VW approved LongLife oil.* A "generic" longlife, or a GM or BMW approved longlife oil is NOT acceptable.* If you do top up inbetween services with a non-VW LongLife oil, the oil quality sensor will notice this, and the car will develop a noticeable reduction in the service due computer.

This is the part that I'm curious about, I'm not certain that it was previously serviced with the correct oil, if I change it for my own piece of mind then I know it's right

Time and Distance Servicing Regime - conventional fixed servicing intervals
    These are the more "relaxed" operating requirements for Time & Distance regime:
    Mileage:* less than 10,000* miles per year.
    Type of Journey:* Mainly city/town centre driving.* Short journeys.
    Conditions:* Frequent cold starts.* High engine loading - eg, frequent hill climbs, vehicle fully loaded, towing.
    Driving style:* Uneconomical - eg, heavy acceleration, heavy braking, constant changes in speed, constant use of high revs, 'sporty' driving.

Is what area I fall into with car usage, I don't clock up many miles over the year, work is local and I do car share. I will be towing also

1st Gear

Status
    However, please DO continue to use the higher quality LongLife oil, and not the lesser quality Time and Distance oils.* If your engine or car is highly modified, or if you are a particularly 'enthusiastic' driver*

As you said, long life on a time and distance regime

6th Gear

Status
    I use longlife but do it yearly. Probably every 7k.
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

5th Gear
    Breakout Champion

Status
    5.3 litres is the amount. its not cheap im afraid. ebay can be your friend i picked up 9 litres for 50quid (bargain) but even a 1 litre top up at halfords etc is 15quid.
    2.5tdi Avant Q S 180 - 19" RS6 reps - chrome mirrors - ambient light package - cruise and dis retrofit - chrome side repeaters - front sline lowr conversion with cupra r splitter - rear lower valance with twin cut outs and exhaust tips - rs4 rear antiroll bar - puddle and footwell lights - sline door blades - fully colour coded - b8 autodimming mirror on custom window adapter - geuine aero wiper upgrade - genuine heated mirror upgrade

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackQuat View Post
    I use longlife but do it yearly. Probably every 7k.
    Yep - I do exactly the same - and do about 7.5k a year mileage.
    I use Quantum 3 Longlife oil 5w/30 - I bought 5 litres on the Bay for £28 delivered last June.
    It's about £38 for the same from Lincoln Audi.
    2003 A4 Avant 2.5TDi 180 Quattro Sport in Light Metallic Silver, Remapped to 220 by ProTec Motorsport, RS4 18" x 8J reps, Falken F452 tyres, 10mm H+R Spacers, Matt Aluminium Mirror Covers, Heated Mirrors, S4 Door Blades, Continental TS830p Winter Tyres on 5 star 17" Sport Alloys

1st Gear

Status
    Thats sorted then, cheers for the advice

6th Gear

Status
    I did a naughty change of oil mid year actually. But didn't do the filter. To hell I go!
    Atlas Grey A4 2.5 TDI Quattro Sport.
    Mods so far: Cruise control, DIS, Heated Mirrors, Tuning box, Xenonx, Centre Arm Rest, MFSW, RNS-E, SDS and Aero Wipers.
    To do: None yet.
    Next: Auto dip rearview mirror and Folding Mirrors.

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackQuat View Post
    I did a naughty change of oil mid year actually. But didn't do the filter. To hell I go!
    So did I cos I guessed most of the oil in the filter drains back and an oil change is something I do when in the mood and I didnt have a filter handy