1.9tdi (130) sport stage 1 remap AMD

• Thread starter imported_CurryMilkShake
  • Start date
I

imported_CurryMilkShake

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/woohoo.gif

Ok, I'm a happy bunny..

Not quite as much extra as I was hoping for, but I think the figures are very realistic, and I'm over the moon with how it drives..

163.7Bhp, and 256.1lb/ft Torque..

But its so smooth, right across the range, Max torque at just 2472rpm, and I''m chuffed to bits..

Its like a 1.9tdi.. only better! I'll post the plots if anyones interested

Great service from AMD too, very pleasant..

Nice to meet Scotty there too, I'm not jealous of his S4 at all, honest, really I'm not!

Good to see you. I'm glad you're happy with the result. The guy we went to the "village" with came back from testing his VX220 Turbo saying "it's a different car". He was very happy although he wasn't too sure about testing all his new power of the wet slippering roads today. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Mine went as planned and I'm back to my stage 3 again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe see you there again. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Glad you're happy with the map Ben. Nice one.

I also thought you'd get a bit more than that though.

I'd be interested to know if fuel consumption changes.

Cheers

Jabba recon that they can get at least 300 torques ot of your engine.
Sorry to tell you that now.
With 184-196 bhp

Hi - well, this is where it gets interesting.. I am sure that some of the 'loss' compared to expectations is due to the Multitronic box.. I was told it didnt have a torque converter, it has normal clutches (but electronically controlled) so doesnt have the normal automatic 'power loss' through the torque converter.. however, because it doesnt have any 'fixed' gear ratios, could that have simply made it harder to accurately read the figures? (This is purely conjecture) My point is that the difference in how the car drives is much better than the figures would suggest!
Since, at the end of the day, its actually ALL about the drive, I'm not going to get miffed about additional hypothetical gains, and I AM going to enjoy it as much as I can!

I would however be interested to know if anyone else with a multitronic has had this done.. It has been suggested to me that like the DSG there is an upper torque limit, and I suppose it could be that they have limited the remap with that in mind?

Previous figures (I dont have the charts here at work so this is memory) were about 132Bhp and about 200lb ft.. which makes it what, a 25% boost in power and 28% on the torque.. for £550.. I reckon that has to be pretty good value!

Ive done about 200 miles on it now - so far consumption appears unaffected either way - which is good as its been worked a bit harder!
I'll report back after a few tankfuls!

Hi, how are you getting on with the map. I've got a multitronic too and deciding to take the plunge.