After a part number + Advice PLEASE!!!!!!

holmefield

Reaction score
Hi all, i know this has been covered before but need some advice and info.

For sometime now my cars temp gauge doesn't seem to work that well, looking @ the gauge 50 is cold 70 is quarter and 90 is half.

My car warms up ok the gauge prob goes upto 75/80 then drops back down to a quarter or just under, if i leave it ticking over and not moving for a bit the gauge goes up again.

I know that the temp sensors can play up, is it worth replacing the sensors? + does anybody have the relevent part number?

Is there something other than the temp sensor that could be causing it?

My cars losing water @ the rate of a pint in about 4 weeks or 900 miles ish, so just trying to get the temp sensor right incase my water usage gets worse, im hoping its either a split pipe or the water pump, and im praying and praying its not the head gasket.

Any help would be great.............thanks all...

sounds like there is a problem with iether the thermostat or water pump, i would say thermostat but if your losing water then possible water pump, have you looked to see where the water is leaking?

sounds like there is a problem with iether the thermostat or water pump, i would say thermostat but if your losing water then possible water pump, have you looked to see where the water is leaking?

Im taking it upto my dads garage this weekend to try and find the leak, how much are water pumps?

Is it worth replacing the thermostat anyway?

its the stat

no its a bolt off and bolt on part, around fifteen quid from audi. Only shop at audi for these aswell. Location is around the rear of the engine i believe if its a 1.9tdi? just guessing from your remap figure. oh and get yourself some g12 antifreeze to top up as you will lose a bit when you take the old off and new on.

no its a bolt off and bolt on part, around fifteen quid from audi. Only shop at audi for these aswell. Location is around the rear of the engine i believe if its a 1.9tdi? just guessing from your remap figure. oh and get yourself some g12 antifreeze to top up as you will lose a bit when you take the old off and new on.

Cheers i'll get one ordered, Do i need G12 antifreeze??? i've just brought some normal red antifreeze which is meant for most engines and works down to -37 degrees.............can Audis only use certain antifreezes??

I've found the water pump price using that spot on Audi parts finder in the sticky thread, euro car parts are coming out @ about £42.00 but wierdly it lists four different pumps, two of each make and all slightly different prices.....

Im gunna have a hunt in the parts sticky again and see if i can find the part number for the thermostat....