Road Angel

Audination

Reaction score
Website
www.eclipse-bowling.co.uk
Do any of you guys know if the new road angel is any good, i've been looking at the tom toms but they do not have laser detection so its a bit of a sticky situation! i want sat nav with laser detection, prob a tuff one that! any ideas would be welcome.

[ QUOTE ]
Do any of you guys know if the new road angel is any good, i've been looking at the tom toms but they do not have laser detection so its a bit of a sticky situation! i want sat nav with laser detection, prob a tuff one that! any ideas would be welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've got a Micro Road Pilot and it's the dogs! I like it because it's so small and it does everything that I need /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ok.gif Has got laser too !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yes.gif

ROAD PILOT

I've got the new road angel, and it's fine. As I understand it the problem with ANY laser detection, is by the time you've reacted it's too late!!

Be VERY careful before you buy. There is a strong likelyhood that active radar detectors will be banned in the near future. GPS location of safety cameras is specifically excluded from the proposed new legislation. You could spend a lot of cash on something that will be illegal in the future...

Laser detectors will also be banned!

The micro roadpilot is the dogs, and laser bit is removeable! Also more discrete when in car!

I have a "Classic" Road Angel, which I think is a much better bet that the RA2. Unlike the RA2, which has its laser function built-in, the Classic RA's laser detector is plug-in. So, if the government bans laser detection equipment, every RA2 instantly becomes illegal, whereas I just unplug the laser detector from my Classic RA & carry on using the GPS functionality.