03 s4 electrical problem

TURBOTRONICS

Reaction score
hi all i noticed tonight that when i locked my car the alarm never gave the usual beep noise
so i checked all the doors and tried again but still no beep when arming the alarm
next i notice that non of the windows would work or the electric mirrors and also the central locking button wasn't working on the door
so i checked all the fuses by the drivers door and they all seem fine
then i noticed the lights was staying on inside the car after locking the doors with the remote as if one of the doors was open
and the last thing is the drivers door wont lock or unlock on the remote even when all the other doors do
its as if the drivers door has lost all power

can any one suggest what might be causing this

have you had a wet passenger footwell/ if so under the carpet there is the convenience module that controls all of those features you mention i believe. check under your bonnet where the battery is and see if there is standing water. There are some bungs which block up causing the water to run into the passenger side via the pollen filter housing and fry the module. Worth checking sooner rather than later as the ecu and brake servo are in there also.

could also be the wires goin from car to door very comon

iv checked the foot well for water and it doesn't seem damp at all
so im hoping its the cables to the door
dose any one know if theres a page that tells you how to remove the plug if there is one or how to check them
colour codes and what each wire dose

just pull the rubber boot back
u have to tug at the wires they break but look conected
mainly the thin blue brown and the thick brown

had a look at weekend and it turns out to be the brown thick wire had snapped in two
re joined the wires and its all working fine now

mine done the same !!! must be very common failure...