UPRATED AIR FILTERS

marktdisport

Reaction score
Just a question really has been toying on getting a cone type !!! does anyone run k&n type cone filter on there 1.9 diesels or standard... if you do what are the gains if any.... power/noise etc many thanks

This topic has been covered a few times, bottom line is the Induction/cone filters will not give you any more extra bhp (proven) The standard Filter and Airbox can cope.

funny that turkster i was looking at these earlier !!! want a bit more graon and turbo whistle m8.... not more bhp.... just wondered if this will get what im after

Save your money for the Remap

was getting it done this mth m8 but mrs still at home with the nipper so rather wait a bit than waste a few hundred were its not urgent atm.... xmas prezzy for myself lol for sure, also booked it in for its full big service for tuesday @ midland vw £160... gotta have a new seal on the boost hose as bit of oil seeping out also... so it does desperatly need a service though.... so merry xmas lololol dont tell the mrs

We all have short/Longterm plans for our A4's and all cost money, but i can say the money i spent on my remap was wort every penny

On the diesel just leave it standard, whip the airbox off and try running it like that and I bet you hate how noisy it is, it's not a nice noisy either lol.

i was going to get a cone as well.. does make a cheeky turbo flutter sound when you come off the throttle..

Audi a6 2.5 tdi v6 sound.........bay Dudus - YouTube

bit like this one.... i run a pannel filter because of the heat soak on modern cars you cant realy beat the air ducting or cooling unless you spend mega bucks (over £150) on a cold air intake.

funny that turkster i was looking at these earlier !!! want a bit more graon and turbo whistle m8.... not more bhp.... just wondered if this will get what im after

TBH mate when im tanking down the roads i cant hear anything else but my tunes, but all i know is my re-map loves the BMC panel filter and the car has a lot more poke in it, even in the summer when its hot!

TBH mate when im tanking down the roads i cant hear anything else but my tunes, but all i know is my re-map loves the BMC panel filter and the car has a lot more poke in it, even in the summer when its hot!

sorry to **** on your thread.. but does it make a huge difference when it has a remap, does it smooth out the flat spots and give you that surge of power? cheers andy