Volks AutosAH Fabrications
    Neutral

Status

To trade or not to trade?

Finally agreed to upgrade the wifes ride to a nice family 4x4 after adding another child to the family a couple of weeks ago so now I can go a bit less family myself, considering TT and 330i Coupe (sorry) but the trade in offers I'm getting are outrageous.
    I am being told they're doing me a favour offering just under 16k,

My last A4 1.8t Quattro on a 51 Plate with a nice spec, leather, alloys 17" stars (an extra at the time), was sold for 15K when it was over 2 and a half years old with 35,000 miles on it.
    How can my beautiful black S-line with BOSE & Xenons be worth less than 16k after 9 months.

Help, another question, should I mention the AMD remap when offering it for trade in or private sale come to that?

I would appreciate any and all comments and suggestions.

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status

Re: To trade or not to trade?

What a joke - I was in the local dealers last weekend and they are selling 2002 A4's for that sort of price. Reckon you'd be much better selling private. Then you are in a better position to barter on the price of the replacement. More hassle but worth the effort.

Not sure on the remap. Depends on the buyer.

imported_lewiscsfb

I was offered 7,000 as a trade in for my old Saab Convertible or 1000 off the list price for my new A4 Cab. In the end I sold the Saab for 9,500 and got the 1,000 off the new A4. That means my private sale (which only took 2 weeks from start to finish using AutoTrader) saved me 3500 and that was on a 5 year old car!

Neutral

Status

Plan B in operation, keep the A4 for the missus and trade her Focus for a TT (or 330i Coupe).
    Why let some other [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/swear.gif[/img] get the benefit of my depretiation.