Car warranty policy for my Audi A4 Convertible

sva19

Reaction score
Hi

I am consider taking out a Car warranty policy for my Audi A4 Convertible, have had a quote from Warranty direct and plan to try others out.

But having done a few google search on the net to see if the warranty are any good, whether it covers everything, whether they pay out etc, I got some mix feedback on the net, with a lot saying they try to wiggle their way out of paying!

I will be paying nearly £400, so I would want to be sure that the cover is ok and the company don’t try to wiggle our with clauses.

Based on people experience which is the better companies out there and the policies?

I really don’t want to pay for a policy and then they don’t pay for a repair, this is double whammy cost!!!

Thanks

I have a Warranty Direct policy - it came with the car 18 months ago, and I decided to renew it myself last January. The main reason for renewing it was in case of a cambelt failure - I had the cambelt replaced at 75k last year, but, as you probably know, they can fail for no obvious reason. If the belt fails on a 2.5tdi, you're looking at BIG money to sort out - I think Quattrojames has been there and bought the T-shirt!!
As long as the servicing is up to date with the book stamped up (and it DOESN'T need to be serviced by a Stealer - just a VAT registered garage), and the cambelt is changed as recommended by Audi, I don't think they can 'get out' of paying (unless it's being used on a track day etc etc).
BTW, my renewal cost was £285 for the year. I realise that I will have to pay SOME of the cost, should anything fail, for 'wear and tear' - but nothing like the cost of an engine rebuild, or a replacement engine.
Just my two penneth, for what it's worth!

Thanks

Simialr to you having read the faults audi get on this website and me already having to pay out a big sum for a soft top fault I want to take out cover for peace of mind.

What aged and mileage is your car.

Mine is A4 CAB 2006 51,000 and the online quote for Extra Care offered it as £479, then the sales guy called and offered £379 and added Emissions/Airbags add on for FREE ? Is this competitive??? could I haggle more off?

Any other people with warranties?

not worth the paper there written on imo.... if you ever tryed to claim for somethink they always make up somethink failed that isnt included in the warranty, cant say all are like this but it seems many are

I have a Warranty Direct policy - it came with the car 18 months ago, and I decided to renew it myself last January. The main reason for renewing it was in case of a cambelt failure - I had the cambelt replaced at 75k last year, but, as you probably know, they can fail for no obvious reason. If the belt fails on a 2.5tdi, you're looking at BIG money to sort out - I think Quattrojames has been there and bought the T-shirt!!

Ssssshh I'm nearly over it!

I agree with you for the most part, however they don't really fail for no reason. The idler pulley failed on mine causing the belt to skip, this was because prior to my ownership, at the 80k timing belt changed the pulley was inspected, rather than replaced.

Ssssshh I'm nearly over it!

I agree with you for the most part, however they don't really fail for no reason. The idler pulley failed on mine causing the belt to skip, this was because prior to my ownership, at the 80k timing belt changed the pulley was inspected, rather than replaced.

Sorry, James, for mentioning your unfortunate experiences with cambelts. The memory must be painful - definately something you don't want reminding of!!
I phrased it badly when I said 'for no obvious reason' - I really meant to say 'for no predictable reason'. In other words - disaster can strike at any time (and, as in your case, sometimes does!!):faint:

What aged and mileage is your car.

My car is as stated in my signature - 2003 2.5tdi Avant Quattro Sport - at renewal, it had 83k on the clock.
I would think that £379 is a bit on the high side for your car - but - I may have got some discount for a renewal, rather than new business.
But, then again, what price peace of mind? Like my fully comp insurance, with RAC Breakdown/ UK Recovery policy - I hope I never need to use them!!

Got quotes of :-

Warrant direct - extra care - £379 - 1yr
Warrantywise - platuimn - £625 - 1yr
Warrantyworks - £90 but it says its for 300 months?

Warrantywise is very excessive, what kind of pemiums do others pay for similar policy / cars?

Is above £300 too much?